Last Modified June 2018
At 2BrightSparks, your privacy is very important to us. This privacy notice explains what to expect when 2BrightSparks Pte Ltd collect personal information from users. Personal information can include any information about a person who can be identified from that information, which is recorded in some material form, including as part of a database. This ranges from basic personal details such as name and email address to IP address, credit card details and other sensitive information, including information made as a result of purchasing products and subscriptions.
This policy (together with the Terms and Conditions on our website and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. The data collection process mentioned in this article can be either performed by 2BrightSparks and/or its affiliated companies (hereinafter referred to as “we”, “us”, “our”).
Collection, processing and passing on of personal data
Generally, you can visit our website (www.2brightsparks.com) without leaving any personal data. Personal data is only collected if you give it voluntarily, for example:
• Creating a support ticket on our website (stored by UserVoice – ticket support site)
• Placing an order on our webstore (stored by FastSpring – webstore host and payment processor)
• Registering and posting on our forum (stored by 2BrightSparks)
• Subscribing to our mailing list (stored by 2BrightSparks)
• Customer database (managed by 2BrightSparks and stored on Amazon servers)
• Registering and usage of reseller affiliate program (stored by Impact Radius)
• Registering and posting on Disqus message boards (stored by Disqus)
• Submitting upgrade enquiries (stored by Logiforms)
• Email correspondence (stored by Microsoft Office365)
What information do we collect?
When you place an order on our webstore, your full name, company (optional), email address and credit card information (or information for other forms of payment) will be required. The information is used by FastSpring to complete the transaction and the order receipt email is sent to your email address, while your full name and company (if any) will be displayed in your invoice. We generally do not collect addresses but on some occasions, customers may contact us and explicitly request that we include their address in the invoice, which we will comply upon request. FastSpring do not provide the payment details to 2BrightSparks. We do not receive or record credit cards numbers or other payment details. We do record your name and emal address. This information helps with customer support, license verification and subscriptions.
When you provide us with personal identifying information in an e-mail or ticket support, we use the information to locate your records and provide you with answers to your questions. We use third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary networking, storage, query and retrieval of these records. When you submit a ticket to our support channel, your information (like name and email address) will be captured by our customer support partner, UserVoice.
We have an affiliate program where resellers can sign up as our affiliates to earn commission for reselling our products. This program is hosted by Impact Radius, our affiliate management partner. All account information required during registration are required by Impact Radius and the reseller information database is hosted by them.
When you subscribe to our mailing list, you provide us with a valid email address which is stored on our servers. During the purchase process, you can also optionally opt-in to our mailing list. If so, the name you used during the purchase process is also recorded in the mailing list database along with your email address.
Use of Your Personal Information
2BrightSparks collects and uses your personal information to operate and improve its sites and services. These uses may include, but are not limited to, providing you with more effective customer service (ticketing support); making the sites or services easier to use by eliminating the need to repeatedly enter the same information (forum); providing customized upgrade information regarding your license (customer database) and sending you content regarding our products (mailing list).
We may also use your personal information to communicate with you. We may send certain mandatory service communications such as welcome letters, billing reminders, information on technical service issues, and security announcements. We may send regular newsletters that we view as part of our customer service. We may also occasionally send you product surveys or promotional mailings to inform you of other products or services available from 2BrightSparks.
Personal information collected on 2BrightSparks sites and services may be stored and processed by third-party partners, e.g. FastSpring, our webstore host that collects customer details on their U.S. servers.
By using our web site or a 2BrightSparks service, you agree that your personal information may be transferred to any country in which 2BrightSparks or its affiliates, subsidiaries or distribution partners maintain facilities.
As all information is collected via opt-in methods, we believe all information you receive from 2BrightSparks will be relevant to your computing needs. However, if you do not wish to receive communications from us, visit our Unsubscribe Page to remove your email from our mailing list. Alternatively, you can contact us to have your details removed from our server.
To remove your data from 3rd party services that are used by 2BrightSparks see the List of third-party services section below.
How to manage Cookies in your browser
The "Help" section on the menu bar of most internet browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to make the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether. Please note that certain features of the Website may no longer be available to you if you disable cookies.
You also can manage your cookies preferences using the following links for some of the most popular internet browsers:
Internet Explorer - https://www.microsoft.com/info/uk-en/cookies.mspx
To find out more about using your browser settings to control cookies please visit: www.allaboutcookies.org
List of third-party services used by 2BrightSparks
• UserVoice – ticket support channel (https://www.uservoice.com/privacy/). If you have a UserVoice account you can login to your account and request your data is deleted. If you do not have a UserVoice account contact 2BrightSparks.
• Disqus – blog commenting service (https://help.disqus.com/customer/portal/articles/466259-privacy-policy). If you own a registered Disqus account, you can use the self-serve deletion feature in Settings > Account > Delete Your Disqus Account. If you are a guest, you can unsubscribe from emails by replying to any notification with the word "unsubscribe" in response. You can also contact 2BrightSparks to delete your comments for you, if desired. See GDPR: Delete or Access User Data for more details.
• FastSpring – Webstore host and payment processor (https://fastspring.com/privacy/). To remove your data contact email@example.com
• Logiforms – Submission of user feedback and serial number disputes (http://v3.logiforms.com/privacy)
• Office 365 – 2BrightSparks company email hosted by Microsoft (https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-ca/privacystatement)
• Quttera – Website malware scanner (https://www.quttera.com/privacy). No user identifiable data is stored.
• AppAnalytics (Embarcadero) – We no longer use their services but historical data are still stored by them (https://www.embarcadero.com/privacy-statement)
Sharing of your information with external parties
We do not sell or share data to companies unless they are carrying out a service on our behalf (e.g. data collected during the payment process). 2BrightSparks has chosen to use a third party (FastSpring) at additional cost who specialize in the secure collection and storage of customer information. 2BrightSparks views the importance of data security as crucial in online transactions of any kind. We only disclose data when required to do so by Singapore and/or International law.
2BrightSparks Pte Ltd may amend this policy at any time by posting the amended terms on our web site. All amended terms will be automatically effective without further notice.
2BrightSparks welcomes your comments regarding this privacy statement. If you have questions about this statement, please contact us.
2BrightSparks Pte Ltd
Power with Ease - Indispensable Utility Software