Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

IMAP profile failing to delete messages from server

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
DownAndOut

IMAP profile failing to delete messages from server

Post by DownAndOut »

I have a custom "Backup Email" profile that I am using to actually move messages off of an IMAP server (the reconfigured profile shows as "Custom" type in the main SyncBack window). The profile has been reconfigured so that that the message is moved rather than copied for both the changed-in-both-places (which I don't expected to happen) and the only-on-the-server decision points.

(The use case is that the email server is using rules to make copies of certain incoming messages into a special folder. SyncBack regularly moves those messages down from the server and a script then runs to extract information from the EML message file. Once the script is done we don't need the copy of the message anymore so we want it deleted from the server so that messages don't build up in the special folder overtime).

The messages are not always getting removed from the server. When I run the profile manually from the user interface they usually do but sometimes don't (maybe 1/5 of the time). When I run the profile in silent mode from the command line they are never deleted (always fail to delete). The SyncBack log however always shows a copy and delete event for each message.

I think this is bug with the handling of the move feature. Can someone investigate?

Thanks!!
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Re: IMAP profile failing to delete messages from server

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

If the problem happens again, then please generate/submit a support zip with debug logs of the profile run to [email protected] for investigation. Full instructions for creating and submitting the support zip are given here:

http://support.2brightsparks.com/knowle ... les/213970

If your Zip is over 30MB, contact us for alternate instructions, advising the actual size. Do not try to attach to the ticket!

Do not post (nor links to) Support Zips on this open forum.

Thank you