IMAP profile failing to delete messages from server

For technical support visit http://support.2brightsparks.com/
DownAndOut

IMAP profile failing to delete messages from server

Post by DownAndOut » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:14 pm

I have a custom "Backup Email" profile that I am using to actually move messages off of an IMAP server (the reconfigured profile shows as "Custom" type in the main SyncBack window). The profile has been reconfigured so that that the message is moved rather than copied for both the changed-in-both-places (which I don't expected to happen) and the only-on-the-server decision points.

(The use case is that the email server is using rules to make copies of certain incoming messages into a special folder. SyncBack regularly moves those messages down from the server and a script then runs to extract information from the EML message file. Once the script is done we don't need the copy of the message anymore so we want it deleted from the server so that messages don't build up in the special folder overtime).

The messages are not always getting removed from the server. When I run the profile manually from the user interface they usually do but sometimes don't (maybe 1/5 of the time). When I run the profile in silent mode from the command line they are never deleted (always fail to delete). The SyncBack log however always shows a copy and delete event for each message.

I think this is bug with the handling of the move feature. Can someone investigate?

Thanks!!

Swapna
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: IMAP profile failing to delete messages from server

Post by Swapna » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:02 am

Hi,

If the problem happens again, then please generate/submit a support zip with debug logs of the profile run to [email protected] for investigation. Full instructions for creating and submitting the support zip are given here:

http://support.2brightsparks.com/knowledgebase/articles/213970

If your Zip is over 30MB, contact us for alternate instructions, advising the actual size. Do not try to attach to the ticket!

Do not post (nor links to) Support Zips on this open forum.

Thank you