Only sync certain extensions and leave out the rest

For technical support visit http://support.2brightsparks.com/
PaulaO

Only sync certain extensions and leave out the rest

Post by PaulaO » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:34 pm

That's what I'm trying to do.

I have a software called TheBrain. It is mindmapping on steroids. Within it, I can choose to copy a file into it (like a link) or move the file in. The file structure for this program is weird. For example, this is the path to a .txt file I moved in: \Brains\U01\B10\7cc2e0b2-718c-5d3b-a3b3-298363921eb4. There is one U01 then U01\B01-B10 with a bunch of gooblegop folder names into each one of those. In this example, U01\B10 has 432 folders inside of it.

So what I want is to backup/sync just files of a certain extension, for example, .txt.

In the filter for the profile, I did:
*\
*\*.txt

That gets me all the txt files but also all the folder structure incl. those without a txt file. I understand I'd get the folders leading down to the txt file but I am not interested in all the others. Is there a way to set it up so "empty" folders do not sync? Like in the "if this then that" bits? Hmm.

Is there a way to do this? I already do a backup of the entire Brains folder but if I am to trust this program with my project files, I want to be able to further back them up. And yes, I am that paranoid. I'm a writer so losing a file can be heart stopping. SyncBack has always been there for me to pull me out of a crisis!

Swapna
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Only sync certain extensions and leave out the rest

Post by Swapna » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:23 am

Hi,

Please refer to this forum post to resolve the issue:

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=12124&p=46539#p46539

Thank you.