Specify the username/password, and a port number

SyncBack Touch is a cross-platform (Windows, macOS, Linux and Android) file server for use with SyncBackPro and SyncBackSE. For technical support visit http://support.2brightsparks.com/
kvn864

Specify the username/password, and a port number

Post by kvn864 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:05 am

Hi guys, I just can't find this information for some reason. I am going to try SyncBack pro and a touch connection with my family. And would like to set it up on a port I can select and with a password during SyncBack Touch installation. I thought I saw the command line parameters somewhere but cant find it, Please help. Thank you

Swapna
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Specify the username/password, and a port number

Post by Swapna » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:39 am

Hi,

With SyncBack Touch settings page opened (Modify Profile > Expert > SyncBack Touch) press F1 to open the contextual help. Refer to ‘SyncBack Touch Installation’ section for the complete list of command line parameters you can use with SyncBack Touch installation.

Thank you.

kvn864

Post by kvn864 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:48 pm

With SyncBack Touch settings page opened
Is there a GUI for SBtouch? What do I open on the machine where SBTouch is installed?
Thank you

kvn864

Post by kvn864 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:59 pm

I found the password line
SyncBackTouch_Setup.exe /Password="xxxx"

what is the port parameter?

Thanks

Swapna
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Post by Swapna » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:03 am

Hi,
Is there a GUI for SBtouch? What do I open on the machine where SBTouch is installed?
There is no user interface for SyncBack Touch installed on Windows (only the Android and macOS versions have a user interface). I suggested to open SyncBack Touch help file from SyncBackPro interface. With SyncBackPro opened, press F1 to open the contextual help. Then go to Contents > Using SyncBackPro > Expert Mode > SyncBack Touch page (scroll down until you see ‘SyncBack Touch Installation’ section).

The command line parameter to change the port number is SyncBackTouch_Setup.exe /SBFS_Port="xxxx"

Thank you.

kvn864

Post by kvn864 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:55 pm

Yes, Thank you
these are the parameters I was looking for
/Password="xxxx" /SBFS_Port="xxxx"

I have another issue of SBPro stalling during a backup using 100% CPU. Trying to see why that is happening. I think I need to post my findings in SBPro section.