Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if it is freeware or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need lots of information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Failed to prepare FTP: Connect failed: SSL/TLS error(18)

For technical support visit http://support.2brightsparks.com/
rdavidson

Failed to prepare FTP: Connect failed: SSL/TLS error(18)

Post by rdavidson » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:08 am

Hi guys!
I have been using SyncBack free version for years and love this software. I recently purchased the full version SE V7.0.0.46 to do some backups from an FTP to local disk because I was needing some additional features. SB is installed on the local machine (Windows 7 64bit Pro). The FTP server is a Windows Server 2008 R2 box with FileZilla 0.9.48 running with SSL/TLS enabled with a self signed certificate.

I have setup a profile to do a backup job from the FTP server to my local machine. The profile connects to the ftp server and runs flawlessly if I right click the profile and choose run unattended. However I setup a schedule and it keeps failing with the following error:

Code: Select all

Failed to prepare FTP : Connect failed: SSL/TLS error(18) : 234 Using authentication type TLS . Please check your FTP settings and network connection.
I have tried changing the schedule time to see if maybe there was an issue connecting at that time, but I get the same error. If I simply right click and run unattended it works no without a hitch.

Why would I be getting this error on the scheduled run, but not a manual run?

Please advise!

Thanks!

Conrad Chung
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Failed to prepare FTP: Connect failed: SSL/TLS error(18)

Post by Conrad Chung » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:03 am

Please create a Support Zip of this profile and submit a support ticket (use Contact Support link in article) and attach the Zip. We'll take a look at your settings.

http://support.2brightsparks.com/knowledgebase/articles/213970-creating-a-debug-information-file

Note that you need to replicate the same circumstances where the error would be triggered (so that the debug log can captured it), so in your case, you need to turn on debugging mode, let the Scheduled task run and generate the Support Zip the moment the profile and error is run/generated.

Do not post (nor links to) Support Zips on this open forum.