Backups aborted, timeouts?

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE/Lite.
sgsupreme

Backups aborted, timeouts?

Post by sgsupreme » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:22 pm

I have set up a back up to run from a FTP server but when it runs it only scans for six or so hours then aborts due to a dropped connection.

I know that the settings for the FTP are right because I can backup other files located on the server.

I tried splitting up the subdirectories into two separate profiles but that isn't working either.

Does anyone have any ideas on this? Any help is greatly appreciated.

SG

sgsupreme

Re: Backups aborted, timeouts?

Post by sgsupreme » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:01 pm

Yesterday I started a backup and it scanned files for 17 hours (???) then aborted because the connection to the FTP server was lost.

It runs perfectly for when connecting to backup my database on the same server. No issues at all, but when I try backup my other files it only scans then apparently loses the connection.

desertrider

Re: Backups aborted, timeouts?

Post by desertrider » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:07 pm

I am having same issues:
1. Running FTP on tons of files.
2. Aborted error:
User aborted or the profile run-time limit was reached
Failed to scan files: The profile was aborted because the connection to the FTP server was lost and could not be re-established.

I went to the FTP logs and it shows SyncBack trying to login with the IP address instead of the username. I tried adding a user with the IP as the name but still get these errors.

If anybody has any new info I would appreciate it getting posted here.

Thank you