Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Missing Network Shares

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
Brian E

Missing Network Shares

Post by Brian E »

I've used Syncback Pro on and off for a number of years but I've just tried it (version 8) on my new Windows 10 laptop and the network shares on my Synology Diskstation are not showing in the list of possible sources (I keep almost all of my data on my NAS, but I want to back up the most important files to a portable hard drive).

I've just tried another vendor's product (Backup4All) and the shares are visible and selectable (see uploaded screenshot), so it can't be the way my NAS is configured. I can also select the shares using basic utilities like "File Commander". Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
Screenshot - 30_09_2019 , 17_52_20.png
Screenshot - 30_09_2019 , 17_52_20.png (151.54 KiB) Viewed 4192 times
patbateman

Re: Missing Network Shares

Post by patbateman »

Same issue here. Mapped drives are not showing up. I discovered this while upgrading to Pro from free just now and came here. My setup is not to connect via mapped drive but to connect direct to the NAS (\\READYNAS\etc\etc), and although NAS shows up in explorer when navigating, it says not available. I then tried mapping, but the mapped drive does not show up period. The folks @ Syncback make it very clear they do not provide support or reply here, so I guess credit card company charge back? Stupid.
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

Please submit a support ticket to [email protected] for assistance.

Thank you
Brian E

Post by Brian E »

My problem went away for a few days, but it's come back again now and I cannot access support because my version is no longer supported as far as I am aware.
Screenshot - 05_10_2019 , 21_39_17.png
Screenshot - 05_10_2019 , 21_39_17.png (211.78 KiB) Viewed 4115 times