Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

v9

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
highend

v9

Post by highend »

What the f*** have you done?

I've read the news, v9 is out with support for delta-copying.

I thought, great, a good software has become even better. Just buy the upgrade from v8 to v9, there shouldn't be any risk at all...

Again, what the f***...?

Did you stuff everything into a bloody electron app???

Start up times is 4-5 times slower than v8. 15 seconds before I can do anything with it...
Trying to edit a profile by double clicking it: 5 seconds before the window shows up. Even the main window goes into a non-responding mode...

Thanks a bunch for delivering this crap!
dancedar

Re: v9

Post by dancedar »

Christ. This is bad. (I just posted an almost exact-same rand on te SE sub but it's been deleted already...
This is terrible, truly awful. It's a dead UX for us, dreadful interface designed for a nd by kindergarden users. It's laggy as hell on all three of my machines - decent specced ones too - and on laptops it's so huge it fills the screen and won't shrink down. It's lost the small but powerful feel to it and now looks and works as though Norton have taken over development.

I'm all for delta copying support - a request made over 1- years ago - but not at the expense of this trainwreck of a release. You're shot yourselves in the foot (and hand and face) with this release, and will lose a lot of users or most will stick with v8.

Take a look at Bvckup - fast, smart, powerful, slick, speedy, responsive, great ui. Now compare that to V9 and try not to cry.

So sorry you guys have dumped this pile of cr@p on us, I'd seriously rethink this whole v9. I'm looking at posting to hackernews and reddit, let's see how they take the news...
highend

Post by highend »

I'm all for delta copying support - a request made over 1- years ago
Lol. It took over 9 years...
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4473&p=30571#p30571

As you can see, everything comes at a cost.

@2BrightSparks
Can I get a refund please? You can invalidate my v9 license key afterwards.
I want to work with software, not play some slow UX game...
dancedar

Post by dancedar »

Lol. It took over 9 years...
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4473&p=30571#p30571
11 years I meant to write...see viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4473&p=17675&hilit=delta#p17675!

So disappointed by the 2bs team I'm sad to say. I not cannot recommend this going forward.
mickyj
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Post by mickyj »

Hi, I've replied on your initial post (which wasn't deleted):

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=13865&p=51622#p51622

Thanks
mike.c.carroll
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Post by mike.c.carroll »

Hello,

I really like the previous versions of SyncBack SE / Pro as I've been a user since v5 but I too greatly dislike the new user-interface. My thoughts are: I like the larger size of the font size that shows the profiles but I don't mind the old version's size that much as I've color-code my profiles into groups based on 2-way sync vs. mirrors, etc. My biggest complaint is the buttons at the top & bottom of the app are WAY too large. IMHO, these could be scaled down by 75%.

I love the newer features for Cloud backup & sync and Delta-copying but there is a definite lag in application performance. I've been beta-testing v9 for about two - three weeks now and have held off making comments as I wanted to see if it was just me that disliked the new UX as I've become so accustomed to it & liked it and/or stuck in my ways of not wanting change. But to be blunt; the new UX is terrible. I don't care for the dark-theme; the white interface is passable. But again the buttons are way to large.

I would wish for the v9 features in the old v8 user-interface & application speed.

I hope this critique will help you improve the program. It is truly one of the best backup programs in terms of features, stability, flexibility, and speed or at least it used to be. This is why I've renewed my software assurance maintenance for another three years. I know no software is perfect & I have no experience in software interface design; but I do have a lot of tech experience as a Systems Administrator...

Thank you for allowing us to comment!

Good luck on the improvements.

-Mike
zekeblue
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Post by zekeblue »

I was already miffed with 2BS. I had a speed issue backing up from NAS to USB drives and support recommended upgrading my SE to PRO to take advantage of a different copy method which I didn and that didn't help. Then I found out I was given this recommendation to upgrade just two weeks prior to the free upgrade deadline. Technically by the rules, but felt like a slap in the face. With the general feedback I am reading about v9, it looks like v8 for me for the foreseeable future.

BTW, I like the interface as is on a 1280x1080 screen. It seems like the whole world is going form over function these days.
Karppa

Post by Karppa »

I purchased V7 back in 2014, and now I was going to upgrade to V9. Luckily I tested it before buying... Sorry 2BS, that UI is ugly and far from modern. Why that great UI on V7 have to be changed to awful "metro/modern" UI, and with those horrible rounded 90's buttons. And why all is so freaking big now anyway? Profiles takes up twice the space on screen!

I'm really sorry but with this "interface", I'm not going to upgrade. Bring back normal UI and forget this "modern" thing. So far this was the best backup software, but now I'm forced to look for alternatives.
mickyj
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Post by mickyj »

Hi, we've released V9.0.1.1 which greatly improves the loading time of the windows. For the size, we hear you and are working on reducing it. Thanks
dhaigh

Post by dhaigh »

As a happy user since 2006 may I add my voice to those disappointed with the new UI. There is so much white space any logic of the interface has been lost.
Luckily I only loaded the trial and have resorted to 8.6 until corrections to 9 are made.

Cheers David
sbquint
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Post by sbquint »

Yeah, me too. Phew. Loading up v9 was a real shocker. I wondered if I got sent to a child's web page or something. Horrible. Then I realized v9 must have been written in some new idiotic package. The look is poor, the feel is atrocious. It feels like it's about to fall apart.

I got on the Syncback train in 2007. I bought all the upgrades. But it looks like I'll stand at the v8 station, and let this mess pass by. Hopefully v10 is back on the track soon.

I give you guys credit for trying something new, but in this case it didn't pay off, and in fact you probably ought to get v10 out with the previous front end pretty quick before you lose your customer base.
Wizard1
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Post by Wizard1 »

I'm a fairly new user of V9 Pro, and based on my short experience with it, I am very happy, not that any issues should not be pursued vigorously by 2BS. From my extensive search, use and sometimes purchase of various brands of back up SW etc., spanning several years, this is the only one that has worked for me, bar a few small things that I have already brought up in the Forum (schedule restrictions and printing). Good luck in finding anything else as good as this one at the price (to those who want their money back).
ymmv

Post by ymmv »

I just upgraded from v8 to v9. I just got my first taste of the new UI. It's horrible. V8 looks like a normal Windows app (even though a number of UI elements are non standard), v9 doesn't conform to any Windows UI standard. Non standard buttons, a top icon bar that actually obscures the top part of the main window when you click on it, crazy ugly preferences screens. And this was the latest version that fixes tons of UI problems.... I don't want to know how bad it looked in earlier versions. This is the worst UI update I've ever seen. What were you guys thinking??? :roll:

I spent fifteen minutes with it and then reinstalled v8. The upgrade fee from v8 to v9 was only 17 euro, so I thought upgrading was a no-brainer. My mistake. :shock: