Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

64-bit version?

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
Ander

64-bit version?

Post by Ander »

Sorry if this has been asked before... I tried searching the forum for 64-bit but was told the search term was "too simple". :?

I've noticed that SyncBack is still a 32-bit application. Would a 64-bit version have any advantages (e.g. comparison speed)? If so, do you plan to develop one?

Thanks!
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Re: 64-bit version?

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

SyncBackFree and SyncBackLite are only available as 32-bit versions. SyncBackPro and SE are available as 64-bit versions. You can download SyncBackPro/SE 64-bit versions from here:

SyncBackPro 64-bit version:
https://www.2brightsparks.com/assets/so ... _Setup.exe

SyncBackSE 64-bit version:
https://www.2brightsparks.com/assets/so ... _Setup.exe

Please refer to Differences between 32-bit and 64-bit version KB article to understand the important differences between 32-bit and 64-bit versions.

Thank you
Ander

Re: 64-bit version?

Post by Ander »

I see... Maybe it's not that important anyway. The page says:
The major benefit to using the 64-bit version is that it has access to all the memory on your system. This may be important to you when using some cloud services, e.g. Dropbox, and high levels of compression.
...which doesn't seem like something that'd affect most of us. Thanks!