Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

RUN: Does the folder being processed have to be deleted and recopied eash time?

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
jackdashack
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

RUN: Does the folder being processed have to be deleted and recopied eash time?

Post by jackdashack »

I'm copying from a dedicated folder on C: It is mirrored on a USB Drive called USB Drive F:. Works pretty well. =D> But it seems as if each time I drag a fold into the C: dedicated folder, it will copy C: contents on a run but seems to delete the current contents of that folder on F: and all just to add a new different folder. Is that right? Can't if I drag a new folder/file in C:Dedicated Folder can't it just add that to F: Drive without deleted the contents of F: and copying all over again?

Clear as mud?

I will be grateful for any assistance. jack ":-Dx :?
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Re: RUN: Does the folder being processed have to be deleted and recopied eash time?

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

Only an Intelligent Sync profile in SyncBackPro/SE/Lite versions supports file move/rename detection (with the options “Detect file renames on left/right"). If a file is moved to a new folder on Source then the Sync profile detects this and moves the same file to a new folder on destination (instead of deleting and recopying the file). For additional details, read this forum post:

viewtopic.php?t=12189

If you do not own a copy of SyncBackPro/SE/Lite versions and wish to test it's functions, you are welcome to try our fully functional SyncBack, which we offer a free 30-day evaluation.

https://www.2brightsparks.com/assets/so ... _Setup.exe

https://www.2brightsparks.com/assets/so ... _Setup.exe

http://www.2brightsparks.com/assets/sof ... _Setup.exe

If you do decide to purchase, the serial number will convert the 'trial' to the 'registered' version.

Thank you
jackdashack
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Re: RUN: Does the folder being processed have to be deleted and recopied eash time?

Post by jackdashack »

You are the nice person that has helped me via support email the last few days. So nice of you to answer here. I will re-read this until I get what you are saying. Still fairly new to expert options. Thanks so much again. A helpful person you are! =D> :lol: =D>
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

You are welcome

Thank you.