Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Clear History on Sync Profile(s)

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
SJMarty

Clear History on Sync Profile(s)

Post by SJMarty »

I rebuilt my computer previously running Windows 7 to Windows 10. I am in the process of restoring the profiles for SBP and while they restore fine, I found this recommendation in one of the KBs...
For SyncBackPro & SyncBackSE, you should Force Rescan on any Fast Backup profiles, and Clear History on any sync profiles unless you are absolutely sure the contents of the new Source and Destination are already exactly the same on the new PC as they were on the old PC.
I think I have been looking at the screen too long. I'm hopeful that someone can tell me the steps to clear history of my now imported sync profiles.

Thanks.
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Re: Clear History on Sync Profile(s)

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

You can clear the history of a sync profile under:

Modify Profile > Expert > Decision-Files > click on 'Clear History' button (which is the last option on that settings page)

However, as stated in that KB article you need to clear the history only when the Source and Destination paths on Windows 10 are not exactly same as Windows 7 PC.

Thank you.
SJMarty

Post by SJMarty »

Swapna wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:30 pm
You can clear the history of a sync profile under:

Modify Profile > Expert > Decision-Files > click on 'Clear History' button (which is the last option on that settings page)
I do not see a 'Clear History' button on that page.
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

Can you please export (select the profile from SyncBackPro main-window > right click > select Export Profile from the pop-up menu) and send your profile configuration to [email protected] to verify your settings?

Thank you.
SJMarty

Post by SJMarty »

I was able to figure it out. Thanks.