Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

difference mirorred local drive vs Cloud drive

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
John78

difference mirorred local drive vs Cloud drive

Post by John78 »

I use SyncBackFree to mirrored my files (doc, xls, photos and video) to indemnify them in case of defective drives. I create a mirror folder at scheduled times of the different files on another external drive. This works very well and very fast in the background, as long as it's a (local) usb external drive.
I want a second copy in the cloud (Tresorit/Stackstorage). To this end, I have installed a directory in the cloud as external drive. I use the same mirror profile at SyncBackFree but this works incredibly slow. For 7,2 GB its needs 2 days and 23 h. While there is hardly anything of the original is modified. In addition, there is a pop-up message that a “file cannot be copied” and the time line becomes red.
In addition, an error message comes up that a file cannot be copied. A folder is not available.
What can be the origin of the difference between mirrored to a usb external drive and a drive in the cloud ? And why some files cannot be mirrored in the cloud and can be accurately mirrored on the local external drive ?