Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Scaling problem on 13.3 inch laptop

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
olidie
Experienced
Experienced

Scaling problem on 13.3 inch laptop

Post by olidie »

Hi,

I just installed the most recent version of Syncback Pro on a new 13.3 inch laptop. Everything works fine except the visualization of the icons / symbols within in the programm. I tried adjusting Windows 10 to 100%, 125%, changed the high DPI setting in the compatability settings of the syncbackpro exe file but nothing helped. I attached an example.

Any ideas what I can do to get sharp symbols? Thank you in advance.

Kind regards
Oliver
Attachments
syncback_pro_High-DPI.PNG
syncback_pro_High-DPI.PNG (2.84 KiB) Viewed 4143 times
olidie
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Scaling problem on 13.3 inch laptop

Post by olidie »

Nobody faces this same issue? Or is there no solution?

Oliver
mickyj
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Post by mickyj »

Hi, sorry, but there is no solution. SyncBack V8 (and earlier) have one image size for all images, which is the one displayed at 100% scaling. So when the scaling size is increased, the images are scaled up, and so they look like that. They are never going to look like they do at 100%. To fix this we need to completely redesign the entire user interface along with all the images. We are doing precisely that for V9, which will look great at all DPI settings. There's no ETA for V9 at this time.
olidie
Experienced
Experienced

Post by olidie »

Thank you for your reply! I still don't get it. Even when I set Windows 10 to 100% scaling on the laptop the images look like in my screenshot. On my desktop with the same 1920*1090 resolution (24 inch) and 100 % scaling everything looks perfekt. Well I guess I just have to live with it. As long as the program works fine I don't care too much about the images ;-)