Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Windows 10 1709 - SBF not seeing files synced with Onedrive

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
tomhensr

Windows 10 1709 - SBF not seeing files synced with Onedrive

Post by tomhensr »

Since the Windows 10 1709 update, my Syncback Free does not see any local files/folders that are defined to OneDrive cloud storage. I used to be able to use SBF to create a mirror backup to a USB drive but now SBF just wants to delete all the files from the destination as if the source files did not exist.

Local Files/folders not defined to OneDrive can be backed up as usual.

This must be a problem with Windows because I have been executing this backup once a week for years and there was never any problem.

Has anybody else experienced this?
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Re: Windows 10 1709 - SBF not seeing files synced with Onedrive

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

The problem occurred due to the changes in the Windows 10 Fall creators update. Please download and install SyncBackFree V8 beta from here:

http://www.2brightsparks.com/assets/sof ... _Setup.exe

Do not uninstall and reinstall, or you'll lose your profiles & settings. Just install 'over the top'.

After upgrading un-tick the option "Ignore NTFS junction points (reparse points)" from:

Modify profile > Expert > Compare Options > Attribute settings page

and re-run the profile to see if it helps?

Please refer to this forum post for additional details:

viewtopic.php?t=13125&p=49667#p49667

Thank you.
tomhensr

Post by tomhensr »

That worked like a charm. Thanks!
christophelapprand

Post by christophelapprand »

Hi! I had the same problem since the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, and this tip worked for me as well.
BUT, I have 3 different profiles and I usually run them all in a row at the end of the day.
Now, when I run one of the profiles it takes a very long time (it scans all the folders as if doing it for the first time). Then, if I run it again, it is very fast (it checks for modifications, finds none, and it's done). But if I run another profile, it is very long again (the first time and then OK again).
To sum up, if I always use the same profile, no problem, but when I run another one, it starts again from scratch.
Any idea on how to fix this?
Thanks in advance.
christophelapprand

Hello again,
In fact, except when I run the same profile twice in a row, it's always very long. If I close the program and run it again, it takes more than one minute, which is considerably longer than before. Could you help please?
Thanks again
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

We have made some changes and released a new version to improve scan times with OneDrive. If you haven’t tested with release version then please download and install it from here to see if it helps:

http://www.2brightsparks.com/assets/sof ... _Setup.exe

Do not uninstall and reinstall, or you'll lose your profiles & settings. Just install 'over the top'.

Thank you.
christophelapprand

Thanks a lot, it seems to be working perfectly now.
Do I leave the option "Ignore NTFS junction points (reparse points)" un-ticked though ?
sbfiscool

Post by sbfiscool »

Hi there-I'm still having the aforementioned issue even after trying to apply the "Ignore NTFS junction points (reparse points)" settings suggested.

The error I get is "Failed to prepare OneDrive : The drive ⑭: does not exist!" and the logs don't give any further info.
hterzian

Post by hterzian »

I am on syncback pro 9. nade the recommend change and it works.

one small issue. when scanning, the files in the onedrive folder are not counted in the display.

Please fix.
luizfbicalho

Post by luizfbicalho »

I think I have the same problem

All folders begining with OneDrive can't be selected on the File & Folder profile
9oloh

Post by 9oloh »

I have the same problem.SBF don't see nothing!?