Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Email notification defaults..

An area of the forum to post ideas for new products or discuss things that are not related to 2BrightSparks products
tbone-sbp
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Email notification defaults..

Post by tbone-sbp »

Hello! o)

I'm always irritated a bit by forums, which do not send email by default whenever a new post has been done to a thread I opened.
This forum is one of those! o)

Isn't it against the spirit of offering help and support? Many people might never read the response you gave, as they will not think about coming back to seek through the lists of threads to find their question and possible answers.. as I did.

I switched my profile settings by now of course, but maybe that is something to be considered to be automatic for newly registered members?
Just a thought! Cya! o)
Kostas
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Email notification defaults..

Post by Kostas »

Hi,

This is one of those cases of "damned if you do, damned if you don't". 8) It's a subjective issue and personally I make sure that my profile is set the way I wanted it when I visit a forum. Others may not like the fact that they are receiving emails from the forum by default.

In the 2BS forum there is the option to "Notify me when a reply is posted" at the bottom of your reply editor so you can explicitly set it the way you prefer depending the topic you are replying.

Thanks,
Kostas
[2bs]
tbone-sbp
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Re: Email notification defaults..

Post by tbone-sbp »

Hi Kostas,

came here by coincidence again! o) So actually, there *are* responses to my posts, very nice! o) I thought to have set the forum to notify me of any new post, now I found another radio button to enable in the usercontrol panel. Hope this fixes the missing notifications finally! o))

I see your point, there may be people out there not wanting to receive mails, but I also admit, I cannot understand that.
Who likes to login to every forum and see if anything happened? Well, anyway.. o)

thank you,
tbone