Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

REQUEST: network Sync App?

An area of the forum to post ideas for new products or discuss things that are not related to 2BrightSparks products
gigomikol

REQUEST: network Sync App?

Post by gigomikol »

Hello

(first post) I read through the FAQ and did a good search before posting so i hope i am doing this correctly.

My "idea" or request would be for possibly an Android or IOS app that can control the synchronizing/backup of data between 2 network attached storage drives.

Scenario:
I have 2 NAS drives connected to my home network
the first NAS is the DAILY backup from my PC
the second NAS is the MONTHLY backup from the primary NAS

In order to run the backup from NAS to NAS i have to let my computer run syncbackpro all night long. Is there a simpler way to use the current software or a better way to run a backup from NAS to NAS with maybe an ios or android device app on the same network?

If it helps i can also connect the secondary NAS drive via USB to the Primary Nas drive.

Please let me know if this is feasible and if i can help in anyway with testing, thank you for a great product and your time!
Rainz

Re: REQUEST: network Sync App?

Post by Rainz »

How are you using SyncBackPro? Some NAS models have support for their own Apps, like my AsusStor or Synology, but that does not involve SyncBackPro so I do not see how you will get any help on Apps here?
Rainz

Post by Rainz »

can bot edit my post it seems..

Anyhow, the performance on copying one NAS to another depends on network speed amount of files and filesize. That can vary a lot, even when optimized, I have reached speeds above 100MB/S for single large files.

Copying once a month seems a bit low frequency to me, I run daily jobs on 2,76 TB files and increasing. Mirror.
gigomikol

Post by gigomikol »

Rainz wrote:can bot edit my post it seems..

Anyhow, the performance on copying one NAS to another depends on network speed amount of files and filesize. That can vary a lot, even when optimized, I have reached speeds above 100MB/S for single large files.

Copying once a month seems a bit low frequency to me, I run daily jobs on 2,76 TB files and increasing. Mirror.
I currently have a slink nas 323 and a western digital my backup nas,
The job that I have that runs DAILY is to my DLINK 323 with 2 mirrored drives ,
The backup job I have that runs monthly is to copy from the 323 to my WD drive.

My home network is pretty fast as I have an r7000 netgear nighthawk wireless router connected to the 2 drives.

I was just looking for a solution to do a backup from IP address to IP address without using the computer all night,