Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Feature Suggestions

An area of the forum to post ideas for new products or discuss things that are not related to 2BrightSparks products
Cannondale

Feature Suggestions

Post by Cannondale »

I'm new to SyncBack and have been using SyncBackFree v6 for several days before considering an upgrade to a paid version. The app seems to fit my needs but did come across a few usability questions below:

1) Is there a way to set a password for the .zip file for an FTP profile?
2) Is there a way to add my own button selections to the button panel?
3) Are there any plans to offer a font size other then 8pt?
4) When coping a profile then editing the copied profile, the files and folders in the copied profile are retained from the original profile even after the source path is changed and saved. Is this a bug or am I missing something?
Dave Wilkins
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Feature Suggestions

Post by Dave Wilkins »

1. Modify > Expert > Compression > Encryption > Password
  2. No
  3. No. We have to try and make sure the text fits the controls (and Delphi is very good for many things but not too good auto-resizing controls). Bear in mind we have to accommodate numerous languages, and some captions are much longer in those.
  4. If you mean the File and Folder Selection, bear in mind these are preserved because at the point of copy, the Source & Destination are in fact identical (till you edit them). If you do (edit them) you can click Choose Subdirectories and Files and then Clean Up to remove entries that are now not relevant. You can also set it to Clean Up Automatically (as per the Help on that dialog). I'll leave it as an exercise for the reader why this is not set by default...
Please bear in mind http://www.2brightsparks.com/bb/viewtop ... =29&t=9660
Cannondale

Re: Feature Suggestions

Post by Cannondale »

Dave,

Thanks for your quick reply and help. Just wanted to follow up on one of the questions in my original post.

3) Are there any plans to offer a font size other then 8pt?

It's unfortunate that this fine product is being restricted in providing a great usability experience due to the shortcomings of the development language used to develop it. I suspect that had Microsoft accepted making only a single font size available to it's users of their MS Office suite of applications, they would not be the most widely used apps on the planet. Restricting developers to only develop apps with tools that do not fully satisfy and support an intuitive, flexible and configurable product appears to be shortsighted. While an 8pt font may be acceptable on a large desktop monitor, it's not acceptable on laptops or smaller desktop monitors especially those with high resolutions.

Please understand that my comments are a constructive criticism of the product and NOT a personal attack on developers or any specific person at 2BrightSparks. Just some honest feedback to try an make a good product great!

Thanks for your help.