Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

How to automatically backup all SyncBackSE profiles ?

An area of the forum to post ideas for new products or discuss things that are not related to 2BrightSparks products
Thierry G

How to automatically backup all SyncBackSE profiles ?

Post by Thierry G »

Hello,

I've setup many profiles - with SyncBackSE V6.5.30 - which run every day. I'd like to backup all profiles - that are stored in the Program Files (C drive) directory - in order to be able to reused them to restore my directories in case of disk crash.

It looks like profiles are stored in a Program Files\2BbrightSparks\SyncBackSE directory as sets of .ini files (5 files for each profile).

In order to automatically backup all profiles, can I schedule a backup of all .ini files in this directory? After a system disk rebuilt following a disk crash (which I do not expect!!!), could I just reinstall SynkBackSE an copy all .ini files in the new directory?

The obvious method would be to manually export each profile to an .sps file. But this is manual, and I have many profiles that I modify sometimes ... so I'd like to be sure I always have the last version of my profiles.

Thanks for any help.
Thierry
TheVoyager

Re: How to automatically backup all SyncBackSE profiles ?

Post by TheVoyager »

Don't know if it is the same in SE but can be easily done in Pro

Menu | Preferences | Options then click the Expert Tab
tick the 2 backup boxes then put something like:
D:\BACK_UP\SyncBack\%DAYOFWEEK%\ in the box underneath
Thierry G

Post by Thierry G »

Thanks TheVoyager for your suggestion. It works for SE as well.

Looking at the help file (I should have read it more closely before :roll: ) there is a command line syntax which can do that:
syncbackse.exe -export * [directory]
In Windows, I just scheduled a daily task that invokes it ... and that's it!
TheVoyager

Post by TheVoyager »

Thierry G wrote:Thanks TheVoyager for your suggestion. It works for SE as well.
Glad to have helped :D