Support once purchased etc.

For technical support visit http://support.2brightsparks.com/
Wizard1

Post by Wizard1 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:11 am

Now I'm not going to need a lot of support, but to get this working the way I want I may need some. If I purchase the software, how decent is support, is the turnaround good and I mean within 12 hours?

I'm running the free version at the moment and have been doing so for a few days, really very happy with it so far (have been looking for over a year for something similar to what I have).

I presume I need the "lite" version at least, to be able to switch off the host PC when the last profile has been backed up? Also on the free version, is the background colour available (right click profile)? It does not seem to work on the free version. This I would like very much, as I like to colour code the various types of backups.

I've used FilebackPC for 12+ years and it is the most configurable piece of backup software I have ever come across, unfortunately the developer has dropped off the face of this earth and it was last updated April 2009, before Win 7 was released! Support though was amazing prior to the drop off.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Swapna
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Support once purchased etc.

Post by Swapna » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:37 am

Hi,
If I purchase the software, how decent is support, is the turnaround good and I mean within 12 hours?
Please read our support policy for the support options available to all users of SyncBack:

https://help.2brightsparks.com/support/solutions/articles/43000335580
I presume I need the "lite" version at least, to be able to switch off the host PC when the last profile has been backed up?
To shutdown a computer after a profile run using SyncBackPro/SE/Lite/Free versions:

1. You can add shutdown command (shutdown /s) in a batch file and call that file under:

Modify > Expert > Program-After settings page

2. or you can enable the option "Shutdown computer when all the profiles have finished" from the Preferences menu of SyncBack's main interface.

3. Alternatively, you can create a schedule task for a profile and add -shutdown command line parameter to the schedule task. For additional details, read ‘Auto-shut down after running a schedule’ KB article:

https://help.2brightsparks.com/support/solutions/articles/43000335759
Also on the free version, is the background colour available (right click profile)? It does not seem to work on the free version.
Sorry, not supported. Only available in SyncBackPro and SE versions.

Thank you.

Wizard1

Post by Wizard1 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:05 am

Thanks for the detailed reply.

This is an impressive piece of software, so far all good but need to run it for a week or so. I am more than happy to purchase the software but we are small (3 PC's) and would like to confirm that the background colour is not available on the lite version? Could someone provide a screen shot of what this looks like on a schedule of profiles please.