Locked files

For technical support visit http://support.2brightsparks.com/
Samoreen

Locked files

Post by Samoreen » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:02 pm

Hi,

I'm new to SyncBackLite which replaced MS Synctoy on my system. I'm not sure about the capability of copying opened or locked files. Is this attempted in any case or is this an option (I couldn't find any related setting but maybe I missed something) ?

Thanks.

Swapna
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Locked files

Post by Swapna » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:12 am

Hi,

SyncBackLite (by default) supports copying open/locked files, but it requires the Windows Volume Shadow-Copy Service (VSS) to be working on your PC, and the pre-requisites for using VSS are satisfied:

https://help.2brightsparks.com/support/solutions/articles/43000335703

As we leverage on VSS to copy open/locked files, it would require SyncBackLite to be installed on the same PC system that the open files are stored (one of VSS's requirements).

Thank you.

Samoreen

Post by Samoreen » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:42 am

Thank you Swapna,

I had already understood the pre-requisites for this feature. I was just asking whether this is an option that can be enabled/disabled using some setting.

Swapna
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Post by Swapna » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:18 am

Hi,

SyncBackLite by default copies open/locked files. If you want to disable open/locked files copying, then tick the option ‘Do not use the Volume Shadow Copy service (VSS) to copy open files’ under:

Modify > Expert > Copy/Delete > Advanced page

Thank you

Samoreen

Post by Samoreen » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:09 pm

Ah, thank you.

I knew I was missing something. For the moment, this feature works fine on my system. This is a great progress when compared to Synctoy.

Congrats from a former developer.