Setting up SyncBack Touch problem

SyncBack Touch is a cross-platform (Windows, macOS, Linux and Android) file server for use with SyncBackPro and SyncBackSE. For technical support visit http://support.2brightsparks.com/
alanandrew

Setting up SyncBack Touch problem

Postby alanandrew » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:53 am

Hi
After years of using SyncBack Pro v6 I have decided to upgrade to v7 with SyncBack Touch.

While attempting to connect SyncBack Pro v7 to my Smartphone HTC One M8 with Touch I have encountered the following problem:

Installed Touch on HTC M8 - Setup all OK
Created profile as per install instruction with "SyncBack Touch" as source and "E:\HTC-M8" as destination and saved. So far, so good.
Opened option SyncBack Touch and setup device - Tested OK.
Attemped to run profile and got this error - "Cannot connect to source : The network path was not found"

Win OS - Win10 64bit
HTC OS - Android 6.0 Marshmallow
SyncBack Pro v7.6.36.0 - Touch tested and device found
Touch v1.3.8 - Shows connected to Wifi and last connection at Date & Time

I suspect that my source definition is wrong - please help!
My goal is to backup the HTC M8 smartphone data to PC external drive E:\HTC-M8

Kostas
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Setting up SyncBack Touch problem

Postby Kostas » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:57 pm

Hi,

As you said, most likely the source path pointing to your SyncBack Touch device is the issue. Edit your profile, test your connectivity with SyncBack Touch, then at the SyncBack Touch source path remove any existing text and enter the backslash character (\), then press the folder selection button to select the source path on your device from which you want to copy files. Most likely your source folders will be under \sdcard or \storage\emulated\0.

Keep in mind that you will only be able to backup user data files (e.g. photos/music/videos/documents). SyncBack Touch doesn't do an actual (full) device backup and it doen't copy system files and/or its applications.

Thanks,
Kostas
[2bs]

Return to “SyncBack Touch”