Not working - HTC M8 Marshmallow

SyncBack Touch is a cross-platform (Windows, macOS, Linux and Android) file server for use with SyncBackPro and SyncBackSE. For technical support visit http://support.2brightsparks.com/
jeffshead

Not working - HTC M8 Marshmallow

Postby jeffshead » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:05 am

HTC One M8 with Android 6.

SyncBack Touch freezes and I'm not able to sync any files on the external SD card. I did not format it to be used as the new "Internal Storage". I left it as an external SD. I'm able to connect to it from the PC just fine and it also tells me which files need to be synced but the sync always fails. I have one file that needs to be deleted and one that needs to be added to the phone. I get the following two errors:

Code: Select all

- Failed to delete from SyncBack Touch : Delete failed
- Failed to copy from No1 Music : Error: Connection problems, response timed out.

It looks like it's able to read but not write. Maybe a permissions issue on the phone???

I can sync to the internal SD card.

Kostas
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Not working - HTC M8 Marshmallow

Postby Kostas » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:16 am

Hi,

Have you enabled access to your SD card on SyncBack Touch? If not, open SyncBack Touch on your device, then go to Menu > Settings > Misc. and click the Enable SD Card button. This will open a form on which you must explicitly select your external SD card and then click the SELECT "SD card" button at the bottom to confirm the selection and close the form. Afterwards, click the Save button to close the settings form and then when you are back at the main form click Menu > Exit to close the app.

Start the app again and retry to see if you can now write content on the SD card.

Thanks,
Kostas
[2bs]

tom850i

Postby tom850i » Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:39 pm

I have a similar problem with my Galaxy S8. Windows File Explorer sees this structure;

Sd1.JPG
Sd1.JPG (18.87 KiB) Viewed 1828 times

Then this when you expand "Card". This is an accurate view of the SD Card.

Sd2.JPG
Sd2.JPG (16.17 KiB) Viewed 1828 times

I'll add the Syncback views in the next post.

tom850i

Postby tom850i » Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:42 pm

Here is the view from Syncback SE;
Sd3.JPG
Sd3.JPG (44.63 KiB) Viewed 1827 times

Here is the view when selecting "sdcard". This is not the data on the SD Card. It's the data on the phone.

Sd4.JPG
Sd4.JPG (31.83 KiB) Viewed 1827 times

My phone recognizes the connection.

So how can I get Syncback to see the SD Card data?

Thanks.

Kostas
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Postby Kostas » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:40 pm

tom850i wrote:Here is the view from Syncback SE;
Sd3.JPG

Here is the view when selecting "sdcard". This is not the data on the SD Card. It's the data on the phone.

Sd4.JPG

My phone recognizes the connection.

So how can I get Syncback to see the SD Card data?

Thanks.

Hi,

Actually it is SyncBack that is showing you the "correct" structure of your device's storage and not Windows. What it shows in the first image is the root folder of the device, and as you've found out already, the second image is the internal storage under /sdcard. If you want to access the external SD storage then you need to go back to the root folder and select the '/storage' folder. In there there should be another folded named in xxxx-xxxx format which points to the actual external SD card.

Remember to enable access to your SD card in SyncBack Touch, as I described in my first reply in this thread, if you are planning writing to it using Syncback.

Thanks,
Kostas
[2bs]

Return to “SyncBack Touch”