Unable to break 100mb/s on a Gig LAN

SyncBack Touch is a cross-platform (Windows, macOS, Linux and Android) file server for use with SyncBackPro and SyncBackSE. For technical support visit http://support.2brightsparks.com/
Impossible

Unable to break 100mb/s on a Gig LAN

Postby Impossible » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:18 pm

I have two Windows machines, both are 2012r2.

I have Syncback pro on one machine (Computer A) and syncback touch on the other (Computer B), I have a profile to copy from the pro machine to the touch machine.

The two machines are wired together via 1GB NIC's, Im able to SMB between both machines at 110MB/s without fuss.

When attempting to sync a file around 3GB (3000MB) from A to B within Syncback, i'm unable to transfer faster than 100mbps (im pushing around 10MB/s) in a single profile, if I kick of multiple profiles each of those will hit around a 100mbps limit each. When the profiles are running i'm able to simultaneously copy a large file via SMB during the Syncback profiles and hit my NIC limits.

Any suggestions?

Kostas
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Unable to break 100mb/s on a Gig LAN

Postby Kostas » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:56 am

Hi,

We are currently looking into improving the transfer speeds between SyncbackPro/SE and SyncBack Touch. Any updates on this issue will be announced on this forum and the product's page on the 2BS website.

Thanks,
Kostas
[2bs]

Kostas
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Unable to break 100mb/s on a Gig LAN

Postby Kostas » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:19 am

Hi,

We have made some improvements regarding the transfer speeds when using SyncBack Touch.

Here is the related forum post:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=11373

SyncBackPro/SE version V7.6.3.0 needs to be installed as well, in order to take advantage of the improved transfer speeds:

SyncBackPro: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=11172
SyncBackSE: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=11173

Speeds may vary depending your network speed and load. Our tests have shown an improvement of more than 50% especially for the Android version.

Thanks,
Kostas
[2bs]

Return to “SyncBack Touch”