SyncBack Touch V1.0.30 released

SyncBack Touch is a cross-platform (Windows, macOS, Linux and Android) file server for use with SyncBackPro and SyncBackSE. For technical support visit http://support.2brightsparks.com/
mickyj
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

SyncBack Touch V1.0.30 released

Postby mickyj » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:17 am

SyncBack Touch V1.0.30 (21st September 2015) has been released for Windows, OS X and Android.

For details on where to download:

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=11060

Android users will receive an update notification via Google Play store.

Changes in this version:

New (Android): Added support for writing external SD cards on Lollipop devices.
New (Windows, OSX & Android): File hashing, for file verification purposes, can now be done asynchronously in order to avoid connection timeouts.

rine111
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Re: SyncBack Touch V1.0.30 released

Postby rine111 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:01 am

Hi

I've got version 1.0.30 on my Galaxy Note 2. It's on, on the screen and on the screen I see Connected to Wifi and No Connections, but I can't sync my PC to the phone.

When I run Test in Profile > Modify > SyncBack Touch I get the following message: Failed to find SyncBack Touch device GT-N7105.

Internet search is working on both devices, so it's not wifi connection.

Can you advise?

Kostas
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Postby Kostas » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:22 pm

rine111 wrote:Hi

I've got version 1.0.30 on my Galaxy Note 2. It's on, on the screen and on the screen I see Connected to Wifi and No Connections, but I can't sync my PC to the phone.

When I run Test in Profile > Modify > SyncBack Touch I get the following message: Failed to find SyncBack Touch device GT-N7105.

Internet search is working on both devices, so it's not wifi connection.

Can you advise?

Hi,

Can you try connecting by using the device's IP address instead of its name? You can find the IP address of your Android device by clicking "Menu" in SyncBack Touch and then selecting "Help" (make sure first that the device is connected to the WiFi). The IP address and the port will be displayed on the top of the help form. Then go back to the SyncBack Touch configuration form in your SyncBackPro/SE and clear the check box that says "Find and connect to the SyncBack Touch device using its name" and enter the device's IP address and port number in the configuration form (do not press the Find button) and press Test to test the connection.

Thanks,
Kostas
[2bs]

rine111
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Postby rine111 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:14 pm

Sorry. I remembered that I hadn't restarted the devices for a while.
After I did that there was no problem.
Maybe its worth noting that the update won't work without a restart. Most Android apps do work without a restart. Still, I agree that it's elementary.

Peter

Kostas
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Postby Kostas » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:59 am

rine111 wrote:Sorry. I remembered that I hadn't restarted the devices for a while.
After I did that there was no problem.
Maybe its worth noting that the update won't work without a restart. Most Android apps do work without a restart. Still, I agree that it's elementary.

Peter

The application doesn't require a device restart after an update but maybe for you it was an isolated case? Are you running any internet security software on your device which may have caused the connectivity problem?

Thanks,
Kostas
[2bs]

Return to “SyncBack Touch”