Backup Failure but why?

SyncBack Touch is a cross-platform (Windows, macOS, Linux and Android) file server for use with SyncBackPro and SyncBackSE. For technical support visit http://support.2brightsparks.com/
olidie
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Backup Failure but why?

Postby olidie » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:29 pm

Hi,

I am using Syncback Pro V7.3.1.29 and SyncbackTouch V1.0.27 to backup photos from my Nexus 5 running Android 5.1.1. Everything was working perfectly but recently backup started failing and I do not have the slightest clue why.

When I start the backup it seems like it's backing up the first picture but then the process halts, nothing happens for a while and the it's ended with an error message. According to the log file I get two different error descriptions. First "Failed to copy from Nexus 5 : Timeout while waiting for response" for the first picture, then "Failed to copy from Nexus 5 : Internal error: not connected to SyncBack Touch server" for the rest of the pictures.

This happens not matter what I try. I made sure the phone is not turning off the screen or going to sleep. One thing I just noticed is that if I try to modify this relevent profil within SyncbackPro after the backup failed I get a spinning cursor and the programme has hung up itself. I then need Windows to close it.

Testing the profile connection within the profile setup works perfectly. "The Syncback Touch device Nexus 5 was logged into".

Any ideas where my problem how to solve this problem?

regards
Oliver

Kostas
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Backup Failure but why?

Postby Kostas » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:34 pm

Hi,

This sounds like a problem we have fixed in the latest release V7.3.2.9 for SyncBackPro/SE. Please download the latest version from
http://www.2brightsparks.com/assets/sof ... _Setup.exe and install it over-the-top of your existing installation so it will preserve your current settings and profiles.

Give it a try and see if it solves the problem.

Thanks,
Kostas
[2bs]

olidie
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Postby olidie » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:59 am

Thank you, Kostas. The update really solved the issue. Backups are working again!

Regards
Oliver

Kostas
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Postby Kostas » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:15 pm

That's great :D

Thanks,
Kostas
[2bs]

Return to “SyncBack Touch”