SyncBack Touch and Andoid 5 (Lollipop) SD Card write intent

SyncBack Touch is a cross-platform (Windows, macOS, Linux and Android) file server for use with SyncBackPro and SyncBackSE. For technical support visit http://support.2brightsparks.com/
pawelb

SyncBack Touch and Andoid 5 (Lollipop) SD Card write intent

Postby pawelb » Sat May 23, 2015 11:44 am

Hi,
I tried to sync some files to my Android SD Card using SyncBack Touch and got "Failed to copy from Left : Cannot create file "/sdcard1/..." error.
Does SyncBack Touch support the new Lollipop SD card write intent, letting user allow an app write access to SD card? If yes, how can I enable it? If not, when will SB Touch support it?

Kostas
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: SyncBack Touch and Andoid 5 (Lollipop) SD Card write intent

Postby Kostas » Sat May 23, 2015 3:50 pm

Hi,

We are aware of the new API changes but at this moment SyncBack Touch does not support it. It's in our to-do list to check its feasibility and conformity with the rest of the application's logic but we have no fixed date for that yet.

Thanks,
Kostas
[2bs]

pawelb

Postby pawelb » Sat May 23, 2015 5:58 pm

Well, too bad. Without SD card support SyncBack Touch useability on Android is severely limited - I can't use it to move new photos from the phone (only copy) nor upload new music to the phone, I can't synchronize waypoints nor tracks with my mapping apps as all these files are stored on the SD card.
To be honest, I was sure SyncBack Touch would support the new API, it looked like a no-brainer for me.

Please put the new API support at the top of SB Touch to-do list!

Kostas
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Postby Kostas » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:36 am

Hi,

We've just released a new beta for SyncBack Touch for Android which now supports writing into the external SD card. If you are interested to become a beta tester then read this topic: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=11833

Alternatively you can wait till we officialy release it. :)

Thanks,
Kostas
[2bs]

Return to “SyncBack Touch”