Date errors on run PC to phone

SyncBack Touch is a cross-platform (Windows, macOS, Linux and Android) file server for use with SyncBackPro and SyncBackSE. For technical support visit http://support.2brightsparks.com/
rine111
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Date errors on run PC to phone

Postby rine111 » Sun May 03, 2015 8:07 am

I have in my Galaxy Note 2 (Jelly Bean) a 125GB card with a copy of my personal archive from my PC.

I already had these files on my phone, copied prviously by cable. Now I want to set up, with SB Touch, an easier way to update them when I have new files on my PC or my phone.

1) I just did the first run PC to phone, which said that 98% of the files needed to be backed up, due to differences in date/time showing for the otherwise identical files between phone and PC. After running for 12 hours I have 4,800 errors out of 5,000 files backed up. There are 14,000 files to backup but I have stopped after 12 hours. Transfer by USB cable takes about 1 hour.

2) When I transfer by cable I get a message saying that I am trying to copy files not supported by Android, do I want to cancel, convert to a supported format or copy the original file? I haven't seen anything like this happen on the backup with Touch. I only want the original file to be backed up.

3) The files going onto my phone are arriving carrying the date of the backup (i.e. today), not the date the file was created or last saved on the PC. Doesn't this mean that on the next backup SE/Touch will think all the files need to be backed up again? What happens when I back up in the other direction? I don't want to lose the original dates. How can I make the files arrive on my phone with the same date as they have on the PC?

rine111
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Disable Android Lock Screen before using Toucb

Postby rine111 » Wed May 06, 2015 10:21 am

i found that following only the quick start instructions did not work for Touch.
I had to disable Lock Screen. Having Touch running on screen was not enough. The PC connected to Touch but lost it after the lock screen took effect.

rine111
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Re: Date errors on run PC to phone - UPDATE

Postby rine111 » Wed May 06, 2015 11:15 am

I just wanted to update on the above.

The reason for the errors was that Lock Screen on the Android phone had caused the phone to cut its connection to the PC. This always needs to be disabled. Otherwise you are likely to have the connection stop halfway through the run.

The date issue on files transferred to the phone I resolved by using 'Copy File Date and Times' in Expert Mode > Copy/Delete > Advanced.

However, it's not easy to find these things. A step-by-step guide in setting up a profile would be a really wondwerful thing.

Return to “SyncBack Touch”