Must purchase both Touch and Pro?

SyncBack Touch is a cross-platform (Windows, macOS, Linux and Android) file server for use with SyncBackPro and SyncBackSE. For technical support visit http://support.2brightsparks.com/
D0UG

Must purchase both Touch and Pro?

Postby D0UG » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:49 pm

I compared several file synch programs and was about to purchase SyncBackPro but I realized it does not work with my Android phone. Do I have to purchase SyncBack Touch in addition to SyncBackPro to cover my phones?

Kostas
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Must purchase both Touch and Pro?

Postby Kostas » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:10 am

Hi,

SyncBackPro V7 comes with two free connections to SyncBack Touch, so there is no need to buy an additional license. Just download and install SyncBack Touch on your Android device (just make sure your phone matches the requirements) and you are ready to go.

Thanks,
Kostas
[2bs]

D0UG

Postby D0UG » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:46 pm

I have several computers and the Android phone. How many computers does it cover for $55?

Kostas
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Postby Kostas » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:18 am

One registered copy of SyncBackPro may be used by a single person who uses the software personally on up to 5 computers to process personal data (home use). You also get two free connections to SyncBack Touch for home and work use.

When used to process non-personal data (e.g. the workplace, but including processing non-personal data on a personal computer), a separate license to use each installation of SyncBackPro must be purchased for each installation (including one per virtual machine). The same goes for SyncBack Touch beyond the two free connections. Installing the programs on a server, or on a single workstation used non-simultaneously by multiple people, counts as one installation.

Thanks,
Kostas
[2bs]

rine111
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Postby rine111 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:48 am

I am completely confused.

The documentation on the purchase page for SE says
'Note that SyncBackPro and SyncBackSE support 2 connections to SyncBack Touch by default.'

But how do you get Touch? I see no download possibility without payment.

I can imagine that you could download Touch for your phone from Google Playstore but I also see posts saying you additionally need Touch on the PC.

I ended up here. Trying to find this information has taken about an hour of my time.

cliffhanger
Expert
Expert

Postby cliffhanger » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:34 pm

It's just a standard download link, available in the Touch section of the forum - for example, here under 'Windows'

cliffhanger
Expert
Expert

Postby cliffhanger » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:45 pm

BTW, it's also listed here on main site http://www.2brightsparks.com/news/news-hub.html, and also on the Downloads menu of the main site (in site navigation bar). But I agree it could probably do with another on http://www.2brightsparks.com/syncback/sbt.html - hopefully someone from 2BS will spot this and correct any oversight.

rine111
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Postby rine111 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:43 am

Thanks very much for that.

I nearly decided not to buy SE due to the fact that, from the marketing pages, I couldn't see how Touch was going to work.

Same with the forum actually. When you know it, it's simple but getting here is not straightforward. Clicking Contact Support gives no response.

Somebody needs to look at this thing from the customer's point of view. It's a shame. The software is outstanding.

mike
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Postby mike » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:41 am

Hi, thanks for your positive comments about our software. We've updated the main SyncBack Touch page so it now has a prominent link to the download page towards the top right:

http://www.2brightsparks.com/syncback/sbt.html

Thanks for your feedback!

We're also working on a new site style and text descriptions that will be clearer in describing SyncBack Touch. The site update is a big job, but we plan to start rolling that out this summer.

Kind Regards,

Mike de Sousa
2BrightSparks Pte Ltd
www.2brightsparks.com

Power with Ease - Indispensable Utility Software

cliffhanger
Expert
Expert

Postby cliffhanger » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:51 pm

Re
rine111 wrote:Clicking Contact Support gives no response

if you can supply details (maybe URL, and/or description of location on page or menu) of any broken Contact Support link, I'm sure 2BS will fix it. I've tried several of the more obvious ones and they all work, but there are dozens (if not hundreds) of these throughout the site, and it's possible one is broken. The Support menu header (you can click the menu headers as well as the auto-droplist items..) on main site page certainly works for me, as does the 'Technical Support' link at top left of all forum pages (just below Quick Links). Here's the direct link if you need it: http://support.2brightsparks.com/

rine111
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Postby rine111 » Wed May 06, 2015 10:40 am

Here's the page where clicking Contact Support gave no response for me.

http://support.2brightsparks.com/

Admitedly I am running Ghostery, Noscript and ABP. Can't deny that may be something to do with it, but I allowed scripts for that page.

Conrad Chung
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Postby Conrad Chung » Thu May 07, 2015 8:06 am

rine111 wrote:Here's the page where clicking Contact Support gave no response for me.

http://support.2brightsparks.com/

Admitedly I am running Ghostery, Noscript and ABP. Can't deny that may be something to do with it, but I allowed scripts for that page.

There's no problems when I tried - it works perfectly for me. Since clicking on "Contact Support" brings up a popup window to the front of the browser, you may have other app that might be suppressing the popup.

mike
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Postby mike » Thu May 07, 2015 10:38 am

Note too that you may also contact us from within SyncBackPro program via the "Help" menu > "Email a Support Ticket".

Kind Regards,

Mike de Sousa
2BrightSparks Pte Ltd
www.2brightsparks.com

Power with Ease - Indispensable Utility Software

Return to “SyncBack Touch”