Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

schedule is set to repeat for longer than it recurs

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
crc

schedule is set to repeat for longer than it recurs

Post by crc »

Hi folks.

So this is a sync op to my local USB drive. I do not have specific working hours. So I might work from 10:00 to 14:00 one day and the next at 14:30 to 15:30. This sync op is for documents mainly. So what I want is for SBfree to start when I switch my laptop on (this is not available in free version it seems). So how do I go about setting a schedule that happens every 2 minutes? If I try and set it up I get the above error in the subject title. Also the task does not happen, it is not triggered the first time I set it up. If I do a manual run then the profile works by backing the contents up every 2 minutes.

Thanks for the help :)
mmullins_98
Expert
Expert

Re: schedule is set to repeat for longer than it recurs

Post by mmullins_98 »

Perhaps the following link to a response from a developer may shed some light on part of your problem:

viewtopic.php?t=13724
Carrie20

Post by Carrie20 »

Dear All
I'm getting the same message but for different actions, which I'm hoping someone can hep with please.
Someone else set the schedule up for me who I can no longer get in contact with. I have a Monthly schedule set up for Day 1,5, Last of every month.
I thought it'd be simple to change the days on which the backup runs. However, when I try and change the days to add day 15 to this, I get the message: 'Schedule set to repeat for longer than it recurs. Are you sure you want to continue.' I don't know what this means when all I'm doing is adding another day it runs on, nor the ramifications if I say OK to this. I read the answer to an associated query which was generating the same error message for a different reason, but didn't understand the response and can't find anything under this in the online Help menu.
I'm running in Windows 10 on a PC.
It's also set up to run whether the user is logged on or not, repeating every 1 day, Indefinitely
Other settings selected: Wake the computer up to run the profile; Run task as soon as possible after a scheduled start is missed;

I'd be grateful if someone could advise me on this.
Many thanks indeed
mmullins_98
Expert
Expert

Post by mmullins_98 »

Follow these two steps exactly:

If you want to run the profile once every day then please un-tick the option 'Run this profile every' under:
Modify > When > Edit Schedule > Repeating tab

Repeat interval is only needed if you want to run the profile several times throughout the day. Also, please do not enable 'Indefinitely' option under:
When > Edit Schedule > Repeating tab