Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

FTP leading to delete/copy again?

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
mulanee

FTP leading to delete/copy again?

Post by mulanee »

Hello,
For whatever reason, the biggest directory I need to mirror is created each time, spending almost one hour, for comparison and new copy.
Distant access is reachable by FTP, maybe it is the reason why he wants to create as new each time, when the comparison is showing dates as 00:00:00 for example.
I don't see any other option than FTP like smb or nfs, is it possible?
Thank you.
mulanee

Re: FTP leading to delete/copy again?

Post by mulanee »

up
ari

Re: FTP leading to delete/copy again?

Post by ari »

I have a perhaps related issue - when mirroring from an ftp site to the local hard drive, Syncback Free insists on copying every file, including those that haven't changed. It does this even if I tell it to ignore differences in time/date.

Is there any way to persuade it to NOT copy files which are unchanged since the last sync? I feel like I must be missing something obvious.