Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Scan failed (-1): Expected another server reply(15)

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
otronics
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Scan failed (-1): Expected another server reply(15)

Post by otronics »

Hello.

Using V9.3.30.0

I have two profiles suddenly failing.

They both run regularly (every 15 minutes) and upload files to an FTP server.

The FTP server hasn't changed in years.

The errors are happening about 20 times per day.

The most common error is:

Code: Select all

Scan failed (-1): Expected another server reply(15) : 500 PORT/EPRT (Active Mode/Extended Active Mode) is not supported. Use PASV/EPSV instead of this
This error occurs a lot too:

Code: Select all

Failed to copy from Source : Expected another server reply(15) : 500 PORT/EPRT (Active Mode/Extended Active Mode) is not supported. Use PASV/EPSV instead of this<br><br><br>L:PWD<br>R:257 "/" is the current directory<br>L:SITE ZONE<br>R:500 'SITE ZONE' not understood<br>L:CWD /Weather<br>R:250 CWD command successful<br>L:PWD<br>R:257 "/Weather" is the current directory<br>L:TYPE I<br>R:200 Type set to I<br>L:REST 1<br>R:350 Restarting at 1. Send STORE or RETRIEVE to initiate transfer<br>L:REST 0<br>R:350 Restarting at 0. Send STORE or RETRIEVE to initiate transfer<br>L:TYPE A<br>R:200 Type set to A<br>L:PASV<br>R:227 Entering Passive Mode (IP ADDRESS REMOVED).<br>I:Opening data connection to (IP ADDRESS REMOVED) Port: 61684<br>L:LIST -la<br>R:150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for file list<br>I:Transfer Timeout (60s). Closing data connection.<br>I:0 bytes transferred. (0 bytes/s) (00:01:00)<br>R:451 Transfer aborted. Broken pipe<br>L:PORT 192,168,0,2,200,16<br>R:500 PORT/EPRT (Active Mode/Extended Active Mode) is not supported. Use PASV/EPSV instead of this<br>L:TYPE I<br>R:200 Type set to I<br>L:PORT 192,168,0,2,200,17<br>R:500 PORT/EPRT (Active Mode/Extended Active Mode) is not supported. Use PASV/EPSV instead of this<br>L:DELE SBSE____.85T<br>R:550 SBSE____.85T: No such file or directory
Any ideas?

Thanks.