Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

And yet another issue discovered; not copying

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
genveers
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

And yet another issue discovered; not copying

Post by genveers »

I started another thread about my servers having a strange behavior when backing up. Well I found another one and this is not good. What I found on another computer is that the source files are left intact, but the destination files get deleted. The settings are these in the decision-files tab

1 - Source overwrites Destination always (backup)
2 - Copy file to Destination
3 - Delete file from Destination if it hasn't been modified within the last 0 days
4 - Do nothing

How I found this is when i looked at the backup computer, the folder had no files. The source has files and should be backing up based on the above settings. Under the Compare Options I unchecked the "Skip the Differences......" and then when I ran the backup I saw that the log was going to delete everything on the destination side. I proceeded the process only to watch Syncback delete all the files at the Destination, but left my files at the Source.
This does not make any sense based on the settings.

In version 8 these are the same settings and it worked flawlessly, so based on the above information, what other setting is Syncback needing to be added or changed that is not straight forward?

Also, when in Simple mode I can see an instruction "Files only on Destination are deleted". I think this is the problem, but then another is discovered. Changing this to "Backup Source to Destination" does not work either. No files are copied.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
genveers
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Re: And yet another issue discovered; not copying

Post by genveers »

UPDATE - so checking all the settings against other computers it all matches so not sure why Syncback is deleting the files. There is definitely something wrong in the code as my other thread proved that using the older versions the problem does not exist. So I am chaulking this one up as the code is wrong in Syncback and that version 9.3.11.0 needs to be patched. I am basing this off of the results that i have tested and another member here tested as well and saw the issue.

Will roll back and wait for another patch

Thank you
Caesar

Re: And yet another issue discovered; not copying

Post by Caesar »

I guess it is a similar issue as I currently have?
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=14275