Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Feature Request "Do not monitor items in this folder / sub-folder except for ones checked"

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
warwagon

Feature Request "Do not monitor items in this folder / sub-folder except for ones checked"

Post by warwagon »

I would really enjoy this feature in syncback.

I'm pretty sure we have all ran into this issue. You want to backup users windows profile, but you also need 1 folder checked inside AppData. This works great until stuff starts changing and after an upgrade syncback start checking other folders inside AppData. Some of these folders are currently in use by the OS and you start getting errors in the backup.

The option I would really love to have added is this

An option on the right-click menu, which would allow a user to right-click AppData and select "Do not monitor folders and subfolders except the folders checked"

This would allow us not to have to fuss with rules and to select specific folders and not have to worry about other folders being checked in the future.
checked.jpg
checked.jpg (210.91 KiB) Viewed 2738 times