Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Unable to create schedule when signing onto Windows using smartcard

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
jrenfree

Unable to create schedule when signing onto Windows using smartcard

Post by jrenfree »

I need to sign in to my computer using a smartcard, however when I try to create a profile schedule in SyncBackFree, it asks for a user password, which I don't have. If I leave it blank and hit OK, it gives an error indicating "Smartcard logon is required and was not used." If I enter my smartcard pin as the password, it still gives the same error.

Is there someway to create a schedule when the only way I can login to my computer is with a smartcard?
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Re: Unable to create schedule when signing onto Windows using smartcard

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

Please refer to this forum post for more details about your issue:
viewtopic.php?t=12099

Thank you.
jrenfree

Re: Unable to create schedule when signing onto Windows using smartcard

Post by jrenfree »

In case others have this same issue, I resolved it by manually creating a Window Task Scheduler profile to run the desired profile in SyncBack (this is essentially what SyncBack does when you create a schedule within the program). Using a PC on which I had admin rights, I created a schedule in SyncBack, then opened up Windows Task Scheduler to view the newly create profile. I then manually created an identical task on the problematic PC, and everything worked fine.