Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Backup not running/no error in logs

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
bakmunk

Backup not running/no error in logs

Post by bakmunk »

I'm running Win10 Home and simply want to back up one folder to another on a recurring basis. I set up the profile and then set up the schedule after entering my Windows password.

If It's 6pm and I schedule the recurring backup for 6:15pm nothing runs. If I manually run the profile it runs perfectly. i check the logs and no errors. However, because the automated task isn't running or attempting to run I can't see a log that might identify the issue of why it's not running.

I had the backup working in the past with no problem. The computer wasn't working which required a format and reinstall. Now that I've installed SnycBack again the schedule isn't kicking off.

I've read the FAQs, searched the forums, and looked through the KBs. I've tried a number of suggestions with no luck. It's really bothering me that I can't seem to get the schedule to work again.
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Re: Backup not running/no error in logs

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

Please delete and recreate the schedule task from: Modify profile > When page and see if it works?

If the problem persists configure the schedule task to 'Run only when the user is logged on' under:

Modify profile > When > Edit Schedule > Settings > Security

and ensure the user is logged-on to the computer prior to the profile run and see if it runs?

Thank you.
bakmunk

Re: Backup not running/no error in logs

Post by bakmunk »

Scheduling the task to 'Run only when the user is logged on' fixed it. Thanks!