Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

two bugs to report

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
ash73

two bugs to report

Post by ash73 »

v8.5.97.0

Minor one first:

If you change the computer's name via Advanced System Settings, the Syncback schedule remains for the old computer name, and is blank for the new one. If you then recreate the schedule they will run twice and you can't delete the old schedule in Syncback. Workaround is to go into Task Scheduler and delete them manually.

More major:

I have two folders, one on my PC the other on a server, and files may be modified in either one. I want to copy modified files in both directions, so both folders have all the latest files in them (I delete stuff manually in both places). I used to do this with a DOS script using xcopy, which works fine, so I tried to recreate it as two backup tasks in Syncback, one backing up files one way, the other backing up files in the other direction say 30 minutes later. When the second backup runs it somehow replaces any files that were modified by the first one with the old versions!