Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Start Menu

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
beuttley

Start Menu

Post by beuttley »

After installing recent updates of SyncBackFree I have noticed that every time I run the program the Start Menu is updated with a new shortcut to SyncBackFree.exe. If I erase the shortcut and run the program again, the shortcut is created again.

Is there an option that will leave the Start Menu untouched when I run SyncBackFree?
[Windows 10 Pro - 64bit, on two machines]
nudnavda

Re: Start Menu

Post by nudnavda »

Same question here - and same configuration.
This self-installing shortcut feels like an intrusion.
Please let us know if there is a way to solve this.
Thanks.
MIDUMONT

Post by MIDUMONT »

Hello
The installation of SyncbackFREE does not create any shortcut on the desktop.
Can anyone help me ?
Windows 10 - 64 bits.
Thanks a lot !
Michel.
MIDUMONT

Post by MIDUMONT »

Thank you for contacting 2BrightSparks.

Please note that for installations of SyncBack application on Windows 7 or newer OSes, there was an internal decision to stop putting a SyncBack icon (shortcut) on the desktop, hence there was no desktop icon after installation.

However, you should be able to access the program from start menu. You can also navigate to SyncBackFree installation location "C:\Program Files (x86)\2BrightSparks\SyncBackFree\", run the executable SyncBackFree.exe and pin the program to taskbar for easy access.