QUESTIONS STILL/YET UNANSWEREDF

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE/Lite.
Dr Nutr

QUESTIONS STILL/YET UNANSWEREDF

Postby Dr Nutr » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:08 am

Hi ALL,

MY Help Menu doesn't even have "SKIP", ergo I must/need ask the following enigmas {Ive waited > 1 year}:

1] Running an attended back-up {BUP} why do I see ONLY "Destination" files scanned?
2] What does GREEN "highlighting" mean in the file list vis-à-vis SKIPPED files?
3] What does RED highlighting indicate in SKIPPED files?
4] Where r all the TXT, RFT, et al, files in the TO COPY list?
5] Why in the wide-wide-world-of-sports r SOOOOOOOO many "housekeeping" and/or WINDOWS SYSTEMN files on my DATA, xternal, HD???????????
6] In a MIRROR BUP, MIRROR chosen in the PROFILE, why is there a MIRROR option, for BOTH SOURCE & DESTINATION, at the bottom of the files list?
7] Is or is not a MIRROR BUP, an "image" of EVERYTHING on SOURCE, in my case C:\?
8] Pse clarify COLLISIONS
9] Is a SKIPPED file 1e, from SOURCE, that has zero emendations since the previous BUP?
10] When the HUGE file list appears, after SCANNING, why is SOURCE's "UPLOAD.TXT" 0 Bytes yet with present/correct date/time?
11] What is a COMPARISON program/app/utility?
12] WHY — what does it signify — SKIP appearing in BOLDFACE and lighter/dimmed font, in file lists?
13] Why is the number of FILES TO MOVE, very bottom of the FILE LIST, always different from ALL other file operations tallies? Is this not, simply, files to copy FROM source TO destination?
14] EYES BURNING YET?
15] During COPYing, why r ALL files 0 bytes?????? Or am I just not seeing what's displayed BEFORE they're copied?
16] Agn, MY eyesite + brain limitations: why r sum files - e.g., JPG - displayed WITHOUT ANY size info?
17] Ditto above: why r only sum file sizes "counted down" during copy?
18 U may now proceed to imbibe, satisfy gustatory requirements and visit the "necessary" {per 18th century Brit-becoming-American English; Prof Higgins posits we haven't used, let alone pronounce properly, English in decades
19] Do NOT curse (me) too LOUD!

THX for any & all time, effort, guidance, xpertise, assistance

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, MERRY XMAS/HOLIDAYS & HEALTHY + HAPPY + PROSPEROUS - in a material sense, too - NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!

Phil, WF3W

BTW, I'm running SB FREE, as if this wasn't obvious : O)

Return to “SyncBackFree (freeware)”