Profiles not running

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE/Lite.
genveers

Profiles not running

Postby genveers » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:39 pm

I have a strange occurrence when the profile schedule is set. A profile is setup to run at, let's say 10:30am every Saturday once a week. Now I am using SBF version 8.3.16.0. My system is a Windows 10 64-bit Pro 1709, the only difference is all my systems previous to this all worked well. Right at 10:30am on Saturday the backup would run. I just installed 1709 along with 8.3.16.0 and this does not work.

Now what I see is the schedule date and time, that time comes and nothing happens. I check SBF and it says the last run was still from the previous week and that the next time to run is next week so it thinks it ran, but it did not. I get
Last Run - 11/4/2017
Result - Success
Next Run - 11/19/2017

I read in the forum about unchecking the "Ignore NTFS junction points" under Attributes but that does not work. I checked my settings against other systems I have (Windows 7, 8.1 and Windows 10 1703) and they match-up with my system. I may have missed something so I am here to see if anyone else can help out.

Or maybe this is not a SBF issue and more of Windows 10 1709? Just not sure and out of ideas what is causing this.

Swapna
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Profiles not running

Postby Swapna » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:19 am

Hi,

A profile is setup to run at, let's say 10:30am every Saturday once a week. Now I am using SBF version 8.3.16.0. My system is a Windows 10 64-bit Pro 1709, the only difference is all my systems previous to this all worked well

We do not have a scheduler in SyncBack. We rely on Windows Task Scheduler (WTS) to trigger our program on the scheduled date/time to run the tasks, but if the task scheduler fails to invoke SyncBackFree to run the task at the schedule date/time then profile will fail to run.

As the schedule task worked fine before the Windows update, I would suggest deleting and recreating the schedule task from:

Modify profile > When > Edit Schedule settings page

to see if it helps?

I read in the forum about unchecking the "Ignore NTFS junction points" under Attributes but that does not work.

You need to un-tick that option only when using OneDrive client (on Windows 10 computer) to sync files with the OneDrive server. If not, please enable that option.

Thank you.

genveers

Re: Profiles not running

Postby genveers » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:35 pm

@Swapna - thanks for the reply. I know the details of the task schedulers. I will delete the schedules for each profile and then re-enter the information and then watch what happens the next schedule.

I never touched that setting for the OneDrive setting so safe here.

Hope all will work again, thanks for the help.

Return to “SyncBackFree (freeware)”