Confirmation of Deleting files: how to avoid???

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE/Lite.
ry_cooder

Confirmation of Deleting files: how to avoid???

Postby ry_cooder » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:06 pm

Hi, I'm a happy user of Syncback free which I think is a powerful tool for syncing and backup.
I have just an annoying problem. Normally I need to backup large profiles with a lot of data. It takes like 45 minutes only to analyze the source and checking the mirrored files in the destination. The problem is, after that, it sends another message to confirm for deleting files (all my profiles are set to mirror). Why? it seems logical to me that my goal is to delete destination files because this is a mirrored profile. The problem is that normally I leave the computer turned on all the night to perform this kind of tasks, and the day after I found the PC stucked at this confirmation message and no backup were done.
This is a way to avoid this message?

Normally I run profiles with "no action changes allowed" but it doesn't fix the roblem.
Thanks

cliffhanger
Expert
Expert

Re: Confirmation of Deleting files: how to avoid???

Postby cliffhanger » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:37 pm

Does the dialog you see mention 'percentages' of files that would be deleted? If so, it is likely responding to settings (possibly the defaults) on

Modify profile > Expert mode > Copy/Delete > Warnings

either adjust the levels to suit your reality, or turn off the traps completely. Note that the factory-default values for these traps for a new profile are '100%' throughout, so either someone has already modified these traps (or, changed the defaults) to a lower value or your profile is trying to delete (or replace) all files on one side, which is unusual, to say the least. F1 on Warnings page for contextual help.

If the dialog you are seeing does not mention percentages, suggest provide a screenshot to help anyone trying to assist

ry_cooder

Re: Confirmation of Deleting files: how to avoid???

Postby ry_cooder » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:17 pm

Thanks this solved

Return to “SyncBackFree (freeware)”