Correct "cannot connect to destination"?

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE/Lite.
gogreen
Experienced
Experienced

Correct "cannot connect to destination"?

Postby gogreen » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:10 pm

I recently did a repair installation of Windows 10 on my laptop, and now when I try to sync folders between my desktop and laptop, I get the attached error message. I can sync just fine to two other shared folders, but this message appears for all the other folders that used to sync just fine. Did I miss a file setting?
Attachments
error.PNG
error.PNG (5.34 KiB) Viewed 350 times

Swapna
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Correct "cannot connect to destination"?

Postby Swapna » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:03 am

Hi,

"The network path was not found" is a Windows error (not a SyncBackFree error). Our program is just reporting the error back to the user. You can refer to that Windows error code here (search for code 53):

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms681382(VS.85).aspx 

Can you try connecting to your network drive (using the UNC path entered in the profile) from the File explorer (or Windows explorer) to see if it works? If yes, then try these suggestions:

1. Reboot both Source and Destination computers

2. Ensure the you have entered correct credentials to connect to your network drive under:

Modify > Expert > Network settings page

3. Enable the option "Use the supplied username and password before trying my current username and password" under:
Modify > Expert > Network > Advanced settings page.

4. Try entering the I.P Address instead of the hostname in the UNC path to connect to your network drive and retry the execution.

Thank you.

gogreen
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Correct "cannot connect to destination"?

Postby gogreen » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:49 pm

Thanks, Swapna. I'll try this later today.

Return to “SyncBackFree (freeware)”