Profile does not run on schedule

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE/Lite.
bobsing
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Profile does not run on schedule

Postby bobsing » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:56 pm

I recently had a computer crash (had to reinstall Win 10 and all software including SBF). I then was able to import 12 profiles which previously worked flawlessly. I have setup their schedules again. But they do not run on schedule. Nor do they leave a log file. When I try to view the log file, I get a message saying "There is no log file for the profile "...". Have you run the profile yet? Is logging enabled?"

In several of the cases I have run the profile manually. But none of them have run according to the schedule. I have not seen anything which has indicated that the profiles do or do not have logging enabled.

Can someone shed more light on the logging and especially why the profiles are not following the schedule?

Thanks for any help.

bobsing
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Re: Profile does not run on schedule

Postby bobsing » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:18 pm

Here is some more data in the problem-solving process.

I read the suggestions that Swapna gave to KikaruGunner.

Since Swapna explained that the profile created by user account A can't be viewed by user account B, I deleted and recreated the schedule task from my new user account (using Modify profile > When > Edit Schedule settings page). Then following the article referenced in Swapna's advice, I opened the Task Scheduler. Then I highlighted the with my user name (Task Scheduler (Local) -> Task Scheduler Library -> 2BrightSparks -> SyncBackFree -> my login username. Then I clicked on one of my scheduled items and went to the History tab. It said History was disabled. So, I enabled it via the Action menu > Enable All Tasks History. Then I reset the time for this task to run and let it try to run via the scheduler. Unfortunately, nothing happened. The "last run" column still says it was several days ago when I ran it manually. And the History tab (in task scheduler) shows no entries. The "Number of events is 0.

What should I do now?

bobsing
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Postby bobsing » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:41 pm

bobsing wrote:Here is some more data in the problem-solving process.

I read the suggestions that Swapna gave to KikaruGunner.

Since Swapna explained that the profile created by user account A can't be viewed by user account B, I deleted and recreated the schedule task from my new user account (using Modify profile > When > Edit Schedule settings page). Then following the article referenced in Swapna's advice, I opened the Task Scheduler. Then I highlighted the with my user name (Task Scheduler (Local) -> Task Scheduler Library -> 2BrightSparks -> SyncBackFree -> my login username. Then I clicked on one of my scheduled items and went to the History tab. It said History was disabled. So, I enabled it via the Action menu > Enable All Tasks History. Then I reset the time for this task to run and let it try to run via the scheduler. Unfortunately, nothing happened. The "last run" column still says it was several days ago when I ran it manually. And the History tab (in task scheduler) shows no entries. The "Number of events is 0.

What should I do now?

Further info:
I have the profile scheduled to "Wake the computer to run this task, to run task as soon as possible after a scheduled start is missed, and run whether the user is logged on or not.

Also, I am the only administrator on this machine and am not a part of a domain.

Password:
I do have a windows login password. However, I remember being asked if I wanted to remove the restriction by Windows 10 against empty passwords (I think this was when I was setting up or changing a profile) I said YES.
I do not recall entering any passwords in the schedule.

Do I need to make some change in that or something else?

bobsing
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Postby bobsing » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:15 am

One final note for anyone following this thread:

I had to delete each profile and then create each again verifying with my new "Windows pwd". Then for each profile, I had to go into Task Manager \ task scheduler Library \ 2BrightSparks\ my group of profiles \ select a profile \ check "Run with highest privileges.

Afterward they worked. Hope that helps others.

Return to “SyncBackFree (freeware)”