Importing Profiles - Invalid Profile file

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE/Lite.
bobsing
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Importing Profiles - Invalid Profile file

Postby bobsing » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:55 pm

On a new computer, I am trying to Import the Profiles I exported earlier to my extl HDD. However, I am getting the error message "Invalid Profile file ...". Why is this happening? What can I do about it? Thank you.

bobsing
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Re: Importing Profiles - Invalid Profile file

Postby bobsing » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:41 pm

Further info:
This is the message I get from all 6 of my profiles. Does this happen often?
Is there at least a way I can view my previous profiles so that I can create new ones on this new computer?
Thanks.

bobsing
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Postby bobsing » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:45 pm

One more thing: The name of my new computer is different, which makes the paths to various destinations and sources different than they were when the profiles were written. If there were a way to view the profiles offline, I could more easily reconstruct them. Does anybody know of a way to do that?

Conrad Chung
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Postby Conrad Chung » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:00 am

Hi, it sounds like the exported profiles you saved in your external drive were either corrupted or they were not exported properly during the export process, thus SyncBackFree is not recognising them as valid import files. You may need to access your previous SyncBack installation and run the Export process again.

What SyncBack version were these profiles exported from and which SyncBack version are you trying to import them to?

The different computer name is irrelevant since SyncBack does not care about that during the Export/Import process. The Dest and Source paths can be manually edited/changed after import but SyncBackFree needs a valid and working exported file to do so.

bobsing
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Postby bobsing » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:18 pm

Thanks for your reply Conrad. I exported the profiles from the version of SyncBack Free that was current on March 10, 2017 and tried to import them with V8.2.18.0. Was there a format change between these versions?

Fortunately, I thoroughly searched my extl hdd's and found more recent versions of my profiles and they imported just fine. Thanks for your help.

Return to “SyncBackFree (freeware)”