Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Copy of PC: File (2) can not be copied:

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
ON2AD

Copy of PC: File (2) can not be copied:

Post by ON2AD »

Hi,

Since the Syncbackfree V8.218.0 I become everytime the next errors messages:
\SyncBackFree\SyncBackFree_sel.db-shm
and
\SyncBackFree\SyncBackFree_sel.db-wal
with comment:
Copy of PC: File (2) can not be copied: The system could not find the specified file. The file may have been deleted in the time between scanning and the attempt to copy failed.

So take a look on the location and those files aren't in the folder

Using Windows10 Pro up-to-date

How to fix this

Thanks in advance de Pat.
Kostas
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Copy of PC: File (2) can not be copied:

Post by Kostas »

Hi,

Have a look at this thread: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=13049

Thanks,
Kostas
[2bs]
ON2AD

Post by ON2AD »

Many thanks Kostas, problem now solved with this solution.

Thanks de Pat
Gary A
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Post by Gary A »

Strange. I followed the instructions and added the 2 file exclusions (*\*.db-shm and *\*.db-wal) but I'm still getting an error for \SyncBackFree Profiles_sel.db-wal

Any other suggestions?
Exclude.jpg
Exclude.jpg (61.81 KiB) Viewed 16218 times
Gary A
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Post by Gary A »

Never mind. :oops: When I copy/pasted, I accidentally included the close parentheses.
KWH

Post by KWH »

Same problem here, SyncBackFree V8.5.43.0. I sincerely hope there a fix in the works for this problem introduced in recent SyncBack updates. I understand that this can be filtered, but we use multiple profiles on multiple computers, and also have several clients that have chosen to use SyncBack and are asking us how to fix this. That is a ton of work to fix something that is a new bug in SyncBack. It is basically a hard-coded and intentional problem that is left up to the users to fix. I do hope the 2BrightSparks folks are paying attention and have plans to hard-code the exclusions for files they create and know in advance are going to be deleted, and thus *always* generate errors. Just sayin'.....
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

I will pass this on to our development department for their consideration.

Thank you.
unbob

Post by unbob »

Now over 5 years later ...

Per the previous question:
any plans to hard-code the exclusions for files they create and know in advance are going to be deleted, and thus *always* generate errors?
I'm running SyncBackPro v10.2.122.0(64-bit) on Win10 and having the same problem.

Any news/updates re this matter? TIA