Win10Pro SyncBackFree

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE/Lite.
FatherBobP

Win10Pro SyncBackFree

Postby FatherBobP » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:32 pm

Help!
I've been using SBF for years...now it won't actually load on Win10Pro Build 16257...I click on the task bar icon, the hour glass appears, then nothing.
This just started this week and I have no idea what's going on...
Any suggestions?
Thanks, and God Bless!
Fr. Bob

peterc

Re: Win10Pro SyncBackFree

Postby peterc » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:25 am

This is out of left field, but Keren’s Replicator, a similar type program to SBF doesn’t like W10 and SBF may have similar compatibility issues. See other topics on the forum site which talk about bugs using SBF and W10.
Here’s a couple of suggestions that may help
1. Find the .exe file which launches SBF (possibly at "C:\Program Files (x86)\2BrightSparks\SyncBackFree\SyncBackFree.exe") and double click on it. If the program launches from that source, then the problem is the link between your tray icon and its target file. Delete the existing tray icon and create a new one. Creating the new tray icon should also create a new (correct) link and with a correct link, SBF should launch just as it would by double clicking on the .exe file as described above.
If SBF doesn’t launch directly from SyncBackFree.exe, then:
2. 2. Uninstall SBF, download a new copy of the SBF installation file from the author’s site and reinstall SBF from the newly downloaded installation file. If that doesn’t fix all problems, then it looks like a W10/SBF compatibility issue.

Return to “SyncBackFree (freeware)”