Out of Memory Error

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE/Lite.
seacritasianman

Out of Memory Error

Postby seacritasianman » Fri May 12, 2017 4:07 am

I'm trying to use Syncback free to backup a couple hundred GB's. I have it scheduled to run on multiple computers, all to a single NAS, which I access via UNC. I keep getting this error on a single PC: Failed to scan files: Internal Error: ScanTree exception: Out of memory (Destination). I know the NAS has enough space (8TB left), and the other computers back up fine. The only difference is that the computer that fails is running Windows 7 and the others run Windows 10. Could this be causing the problem?

EduardWit

Re: Out of Memory Error

Postby EduardWit » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:44 am

Hi there, i keep getting the Failed to scan files memory error too. i just wanted to ask if you found a way to fix it?

mickyj
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Out of Memory Error

Postby mickyj » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:01 am

Hi, "Out of memory" is related to RAM, not disk space. So if you have thousands of files then it's possible to run out of memory when SyncBackFree gets the list of files to copy. One solution is to split the profile into two or more profiles (with each copying a different sub-folders) and put them into a group. A better solution is to use 64-bit SyncBackSE or SyncBackPro.

Return to “SyncBackFree (freeware)”