Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Keep Log File From Opening?

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
andrewteg

Keep Log File From Opening?

Post by andrewteg »

Is it possible to have the log file generated but not have the log file open in the browser if there is an error or anything? Right now mine opens all the time if there is an error and I would like to have it log the problem but not show it to me unless I go looking for the log file.

Thanks,
Andrew
cliffhanger
Expert
Expert

Re: Keep Log File From Opening?

Post by cliffhanger »

Modify profile ->- Expert or Easy mode ->- Log ->- top two settings.

Bear in mind you can (therefore 'you must') set this per-profile (optionally, some profiles configured differently to others). There's no global setting.
bruno31
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Post by bruno31 »

Hi

This option does not exist for syncbackpro v7?
or at least, there is no more "Modify profile ->- Expert or Easy mode ->- Log ->- top two settings. ".

This html browser opening is really a bullshit. :evil:
cliffhanger
Expert
Expert

Post by cliffhanger »

Hi, I don't have v7 installed but if it existed in v6 (i have an old copy of v6 Help CHM in which exactly the same settings are described) and it still exists in v8-latest (8.5.97.0), I guess it was still there in v7. I would post a screenshot but seems a direct snap upload to the forum is not now possible (I guess for reasons of server space?) and I cannot post a URL as I don't have any image-storage accounts (I don't use cloud). All I can tell you is that if you
  • right-click the profile
  • select Modify
  • the Modify screen will open in either Easy or Expert mode (depending which mode that profile was displaying last time it closed the Modify screen)
  • in either mode there will be a Log branch of the tree and if you click it
  • the Log settings screen will open and
  • the top two settings I mentioned will be accessible at the top of the page
as mentioned in the Help

· Display log after running a profile: Once a profile has finished, if this option is enabled then the log file will be displayed. There are some cases where the log file will never be displayed: if the media cannot be loaded, a pre-run pause was aborted by the user, the Run Before program fails, or if the source or destination cannot be connected to via the network.

Note: when the profile is run via a schedule, and Windows Vista or newer is being used, then the log may not be displayed. This is due to security changes introduced in Windows Vista (basically when SyncBackPro is run from a schedule it cannot interact with the user interface).

· Only when errors occur: If this option is enabled, then the log file will only be displayed if any errors occurred during the profile run, e.g. a file could not be copied.

Note that this pair of settings can be (and therefore 'must be') set separately/differently for each profile
cliffhanger
Expert
Expert

Post by cliffhanger »

Found it (image posting method)
SBLogSettings.jpg
SBLogSettings.jpg (126.43 KiB) Viewed 6909 times
bruno31
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Post by bruno31 »

I confirm: there is no such log menu in my PRO v7 release.

I really need to switch off this opening log. It often happens at the worst time, and it stops my current activity. It makes me crazyyyyiiii :evil:
cliffhanger
Expert
Expert

Post by cliffhanger »

It makes no sense for an option to be present in V6 and present in V8 but not in V7. If you can provide a screenshot of where the Modify screens diverge from the shot I provided, it may help, otherwise I cannot help you further.
bruno31
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Post by bruno31 »

I agree, it makes no sense. But this is the reality.

snapshot in attachment. Menu is in french. But you can see there is no LOG options.
Attachments
snip_20181106120731.png
snip_20181106120731.png (38.04 KiB) Viewed 6874 times
bruno31
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Post by bruno31 »

OUPS. I didn't see this "suivi" menu the first times. :oops:
cliffhanger
Expert
Expert

Post by cliffhanger »

Had I known you were a French user, I would have switched my SB UI to French (takes 5 secs) before taking my screenshot. I assume you now agree the option is there and how to control the log display :wink: