Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Syncback wont stay pinned to start menu

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
needowelum
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Syncback wont stay pinned to start menu

Post by needowelum »

I just recently updated to the latest version of Syncback portable. I have Syncback pinned to the start menu. When I exit Syncback, it immediately disappears from the start menu. Also, even when I repin it, it still never shows up in the Start menu index area to the left of the tiles.

I'd also like to say, respectfully, that this site is a little difficult to navigate. Perhaps that is by design?

If you go to help and support page, the is no link back to the main page, or the Forum.

Apparently, the login information required for the help and support page is different than it is elsewhere, like the forum. Unlike for the forum, I am asked for an email. My email, which is in my profile, is not recognized in the login process

There is a very circuitous route to the portable downloads. I can't imagine how a newcomer would ever find them or even know they exist.

Finally, why don't you post the current version and date on the home page? I feel like I have to hunt that info down.

Thanks
Enthusiastic

Re: Syncback wont stay pinned to start menu

Post by needowelum »

Could somebody tell me where to download the previous version of Syncback portable?
Kostas
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Syncback wont stay pinned to start menu

Post by Kostas »

Hi,

FYI, we don't provide download links to previous versions of SyncBackFree since we think that users should always have the latest version possible, as it is free and also includes fixes and improvements.

Also regarding the forum and the help/support websites, these two are totally different sites, each one with its own credentials. When you visit the help/support page you can go back to the main site by clicking the 2BrightSparks logo on the top left of the page.

Finally about the shortcut problem, since you are using the portable version I assume you create your own shortcut link which then you pin to the start menu. Try renaming the link filename to a different name and pin that to the start menu instead.

Thanks,
Kostas
[2bs]