Feature request: Clients reporting to service

For technical support visit http://support.2brightsparks.com/
hhh
Advanced
Advanced

Feature request: Clients reporting to service

Postby hhh » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:17 pm

A feature I would like to see is a report in the console whether all installations have successfully reported in to the service during a given time period (say 24 hours or so). This is to quickly see whether any jobs have failed due to connectivity issues etc.

mickyj
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Feature request: Clients reporting to service

Postby mickyj » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:42 pm

Using the console, if you look at Service->Users you can see the last login a user made. There's no link between a user login and an installation. You can see the IP address, but obviously that could be dynamic. Not only that, but keep in mind more than one user could login on the same computer.

hhh
Advanced
Advanced

Postby hhh » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:04 pm

When I say "installation" I refer to a single machine running syncback, sorry, I should have been more specific :-)

In our configuration, each remote machine has it's own login to the service.

The Service->users window in the console is useful, but I would like to be able to see which users who has _not_ connected during the last 24 hours.

During testing I'm running around 15 users so far, but fully deployed we'd be looking at 100+ users and it would be impossible to quickly see if someone has'nt connected as they should.

hope that clarifies my request :-)

/henrik

hhh
Advanced
Advanced

Postby hhh » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:48 am

Right now, when I connect to the service, the console shows all errors, and then "X profiles have been run without error since DATE TIME"

it would be excellent if it would also report:
"X profiles have reported errors sinsce DATE TIME"
"X users have not connected to the service since DATE TIME"

as mentioned, it's possible to see the last connect time in the Users window, and it would be useful to have some way to see which logins are older than 24 hours, perhaps just by having these fields marked in a different color.

I'm currently in the process of adding 100+ of users which will connect to the service, and quickly identifying which users have not reported in within the last 24 hrs is one of the main things we're looking at each day (in addition to eventual errors of course :-) )

Return to “SBM Service and Console”