Multiple Locations - How to connect

For technical support visit http://support.2brightsparks.com/
ccclapp

Multiple Locations - How to connect

Postby ccclapp » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:23 am

Hi

If I have two locations and want to have local PCs at each location report to the SMB Console at that location AND also be able to monitor ALL PCs from a mobile notebook, how would I configure this? (I do understand how to get the local PCs to report to the local Console. I do not understand how to have the mobile notebook reporting work) This is shown in the setup guide example, but its not clear to me how to actually do it.

Thanks

ccclapp

Re: Multiple Locations - How to connect

Postby ccclapp » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:31 pm

Hi, I am bumping this in hopes of a reply.

Thanks!

Swapna
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Multiple Locations - How to connect

Postby Swapna » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:40 am

Hi,

'Two locations' implies you have two instances of SBM Server installed and running (one at each location). But there is no way to store multiple server connection details in SBM Console, so you need to enter/modify the different Connection details as appropriate (IP/Hostname, Port, Username & Password - depending on which details differ between the two locations, and which server you want to connect to). If you use the same Port, console UserName & Password on both sites, it is likely that the only parameter you may need to change is IP/Hostname of the desired site.

1. Run SBM console installed on your mobile notebook

2. Consider turning off Auto Login on Connection menu (else it will always try to reconnect to last-used address, etc., which you may not want)

3. Select the Connection menu and click on ‘Connection Details’

4. Enter/modify as appropriate the Hostname, Port, Username, Password details of the SBM server you want to connect to right now and click on OK button

5. Select ‘Login’ from the Connection menu to connect to the desired SBM server, and monitor the profiles’ results and history

If you have any further questions to ask then please contact us directly through our support ticketing channel by sending an email to support@2brightsparks.com

Thank you.

Return to “SBM Service and Console”